TCB Bone Strait relaxer

Integrity

Anyone tried this?? I am just curious. I mean since its main purpose is to relax the hair 'bone straít' then wouldnt that be even far too strong and cause breakage??

The manufacturers say this about the product:

Bone Strait Relaxer is for the lady who prefers that her hair is thoroughly relaxed. It won't revert easily and it will dry straight without wrinkles. Bone Strait Relaxer stays straighter longer & adds extra body.

Surely that's a recipe for long-term breakage?? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hi Pebbles,

I have only seen the no-lye so it's highly likely that's the only one they do (in Mild, regular and super strength)

Pandora,

I personally wish I had never put a no-lye relaxer in my hair. Now that I've switched, I realize the damage I was doing to my hair. Everyone is different and there are those who will always prefer the no-lye relaxer.

If it's what you use and you want to continue with the no-lye, give it a try. But my personal recommendation would be to use a lye relaxer. It will be much better for your hair in the long run. That's just my friendly opinion. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif pebbles don't worry, I wasn't looking to try it at all. i was just asking. anyway, i'm gonna get my self a 4lb tub of motions to relax myself but not sure whether to get the motions oil regular or just a regular and add my own EVOO to it. to do with what caramela said about mineral oil being in the motions oil relaxer. then again, i have heard great reviews about the motions oil moisturizing relaxer. hhmmmm /images/graemlins/grin.gif judging how much EVOO to add is another dilemma and i dont wanna mess the relxer up too much but i want to SLOW the process down so i dont overprocess as i self-relax for the first time.

I used it twice and it left my hair very hard and dry. Some bits of my hair even ended up being stuck together like dreadlocks. I'm surprised I still have hair on my head after all that it went through.
The so called researchers claimed that it was the most gentle relaxer and that it straightened better than the others.
Well. All I can say is that it was far from it.
Some people actually like `TCB Bone Strait` reaxer but for me, it's the worst relaxer that I have ever used in my life.

If you do wish to try that stuff, all I can say is...good luck.

I used to use it back in the day and loved it. But, that was the lye version, I've never used the No-lye one. It did get my hair straight, but i don't know if that was because of the perm or if it was becasue back in those days I wanted my hair to be bone straight so I left it in until it was straight.

The one I used was the No Lye version of 'Bone Strait' and it did not straighten my hair at all.
I prefer the 'Optimum' No Lye. It's much better. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Re: TCB Bone Strait relaxer Phobia of Hair Stylist

I just saw my old hair dresser she is back in town(this is her 3rd time returning) the first time she left another hair dresser took over and all my hair came out. I have learned so much on this board so I asked her if she used Design Essentials, now I am so excited about this relaxer since seeing Lala's hair and she said it really helped turn her hair around.

My stylist said she did not like Design Essential relaxer, so I asked what she used she said Bone Strait. After doing a search on the board I don't think I want this stuff in my hair my appointment is Tuesday. I have been on the net all day trying to find this stuff Design Essential Lo Lye shea butter they won't sell it to non licence beauticians. Oh well I am about to cancel my appointment with her I loved the way she grew it out long time ago but this is her second job now.

Please I need some input on this one I have Vitale sensitive scalp relaxer suggested by Southerngirl, but I am afraid to put it in myself so I may suggest to my old sylist to put this one in

Re: TCB Bone Strait relaxer Phobia of Hair Stylist

I've used TCB Bone Strait No-Base regular relaxer for 13 yrs, and never had a problem w/it, it let my hair bone straight like I like it and it does have sodium hydroxide in the one I used, I did recently switch to Vitale Life & Body from all the raves I just had to try it out (on my daughter first and some clients) and I loved the results, too me it was similiar to what I've been receiving except Vitale has Aloe Vera in it and I took that as a plus. I used the new packaged one in the brown and tan bucket, and it was a thumbs up for me. ;)
jancan7 said:
I just saw my old hair dresser she is back in town(this is her 3rd time returning) the first time she left another hair dresser took over and all my hair came out. I have learned so much on this board so I asked her if she used Design Essentials, now I am so excited about this relaxer since seeing Lala's hair and she said it really helped turn her hair around.

My stylist said she did not like Design Essential relaxer, so I asked what she used she said Bone Strait. After doing a search on the board I don't think I want this stuff in my hair my appointment is Tuesday. I have been on the net all day trying to find this stuff Design Essential Lo Lye shea butter they won't sell it to non licence beauticians. Oh well I am about to cancel my appointment with her I loved the way she grew it out long time ago but this is her second job now.

Please I need some input on this one I have Vitale sensitive scalp relaxer suggested by Southerngirl, but I am afraid to put it in myself so I may suggest to my old sylist to put this one in

Thanks Beautiful Wide Eyes I think Iam going to take this to her on Tuesday the Vitale until I find the Design Essentials

Thanks!

I believe you can order Design Essentials at www.irby's.com , if this is correct. If not look in one of the post regarding Design Essentials, I read earlier that bluediamond order from them on monday and received it on thursday and the price was only $24.99. HTH's
jancan7 said:
Thanks Beautiful Wide Eyes I think Iam going to take this to her on Tuesday the Vitale until I find the Design Essentials

Thanks!

Back