*TANGLE TEEZER* is the truth....

The first thing is she was trying to use it on sections that were too thick. Using it on smaller sections actually makes the process faster. Also putting the teeth into the hair and then curving the wrist in a rocking motion to move through the hair works. Dragging the teeth through the hair like a brush or comb doesn't really work.

I gave it back to her and realized that even after walking her through it, she didn't find the motion that natural. I think I was a little surprised by that. And I can see if someone used it that way why they would think it didn't work.

I agree wholeheartedly, the very first time i used it, i thought it was a dud the first few minutes and switched back to my wide tooth comb too, but when i picked the TT back up i realized it worked much better with the technique u described where i curve it so it gets thru the section of hair properly. Not sure my explanation is clear but it made all the difference for me too.

I recommend that you all get a hair brush cleaner. I got mine from Bed Bath and Beyond. I can't remember what I paid, but I'm sure it wasn't much. It really works well to get all the hairs out of the brush so you can see how much shed hair you've collected. Afterwards just rinse your TT under warm water to remove any hairs leftover.

I remember when the Denman used to be the truth....I got that brush sitting at home looking at me saying "You mad"? :lachen: Those detangler brushes don't seem to work for my dense hair :nono: I need a medium tooth comb to detangle, and even then in about 5 minutes it starts to clump back together.

I'm glad this seems to be working for many of you though :yep:

I'm officially a convert now. When I first tried the TT on dry hair (while straight and no product added), it was meh. I mean, my hair was already pretty straight, so I wasn't really wow'd by it.

The 2nd time I tried it, my hair was in its natural state, and I loaded the dry hair with conditioner and then used it. It worked really well. But I was still in denial and didn't want to fall on the bandwagon.

So I tried it for the 3rd time last week (on wet hair after dc-ing), and was wow'd. Then I tried it for the 4th time yesterday on dry hair loaded with conditioner, and man o man. This thing works.

The only thing I'm a little worried about is the constant combing action to "teeze" out the tangles. I get a little scared that those pointy teeth are just tearing away at my hair's cuticles. I'm trying not to think of it that way, but I can't help it. I'm really hoping that I see no adverse effects of this months later.

I remember when the Denman used to be the truth....I got that brush sitting at home looking at me saying "You mad"? :lachen: Those detangler brushes don't seem to work for my dense hair :nono: I need a medium tooth comb to detangle, and even then in about 5 minutes it starts to clump back together.

lol that denman look like a torture device to me! but im sooo excited to be finally ordering me one!!! well one for me and one for SO :grin:

Everything doesn't work for every head of hair. I know some may think that
Rthose who are not successful are not using the
brush right. I have tried small sections, dry and damp hair
And I lose too many strands. I even had a hair dresser friend try it on me with no
Success. She tried it on herself and it was fine. She doen't recommend for transitioners.
So for the few that it doesn't work for, you are not dummies, it just doesn't work for yor hair!

I have had this for many years and every so often i pull it out because of the rave reviews on here.

Everytime i use it, it just rips out my hair :nono: whether on dry or wet hair.

I dunno, maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Well, from reading the reviews in this thread, Transitioners and stretchers have to be more careful to not rip their hair out using the TT since they have to deal with a line of demarcation between the two textures. Most of the users raving about the TT are naturals and relaxed (not long stretching) ladies. There are exceptions to the rule, but that seems to be the majority.

I purchased mine from Sally's two weeks ago and got to use it this weekend. It worked great for me!!!! I also love it more so because I tried it on my son's hair and he loved it just as much as I did. He hates me combing and brushing his hair and always complains during the process. It's nice to know that brushing/combing his hair won't be a huge battle every morning any longer. Thanks ladies for your reviews!

I bought 3, gave 2 away, and I am saving on for myself. I haven't tried it yet, and I don't plan on using it anytime soon cuz my hair is in braids; but I just had to buy it, because ya'll told me to.

Just got one from Sally's for my TWA after a dramatic run in with a stylist (Wanted a trim, she cut it into a style, big chunk of my progress gone :()

WORKS WONDERS!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! Makes detangling a breeze, and I don't have to use a lot of product. Can't wait to see how it does as my hair grows back.

But...The thing is...I've got these small hands...I wonder if they offer a smaller version. A Tiny Tangle Teezer?

Last edited:
Used TT for the first time this morning - I'm sold!

Tried it on dry hair first and it seemed okay, but I needed to see if it would work well in the shower. I don't comb or brush my hair when it's dry, anyway.

I was skeptical at first, but as soon as I started detangling my conditioner-soaked hair, I could tell this brush was the bidness.

BTW, I'm 21 months post-relaxer (transitioning) and I only lost a few shed hairs. Seems quite gentle and also a great help for transitioners.

Just got one from Sally's for my TWA after a dramatic run in with a stylist (Wanted a trim, she cut it into a style, big chunk of my progress gone :()

WORKS WONDERS!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! Makes detangling a breeze, and I don't have to use a lot of product. Can't wait to see how it does as my hair grows back.

But...The thing is...I've got these small hands...I wonder if they offer a smaller version. A Tiny Tangle Teezer?

they do! a childs version and an on the go version buuut it's more expensive than the regular one lol it's the "compact styler"

Tangle Teezer - Store

I've used my tangle teezer more than a few times and love it compared to the denman. The only downside is it's not that easy to clean, not only does hair get stuck but conditioner residue :perplexed

I may have to invest in the brush cleaner as well....Thanks

I'm officially a convert now. When I first tried the TT on dry hair (while straight and no product added), it was meh. I mean, my hair was already pretty straight, so I wasn't really wow'd by it.

The 2nd time I tried it, my hair was in its natural state, and I loaded the dry hair with conditioner and then used it. It worked really well. But I was still in denial and didn't want to fall on the bandwagon.

So I tried it for the 3rd time last week (on wet hair after dc-ing), and was wow'd. Then I tried it for the 4th time yesterday on dry hair loaded with conditioner, and man o man. This thing works.

The only thing I'm a little worried about is the constant combing action to "teeze" out the tangles. I get a little scared that those pointy teeth are just tearing away at my hair's cuticles. I'm trying not to think of it that way, but I can't help it. I'm really hoping that I see no adverse effects of this months later.

This is my concern. The teeth aren't really silky smooth at the tips and I'm extremely picky about what kind of combs and brushes I use (I bought a Mason Pearson detangling comb for $30 and even that scares me lol). I'm getting addicted to the TT because of how smooth and healthy it makes my hair look and how it seems to gently get through tangles but I'm afraid of damaging my hair :(

I returned mine to Sally's.

It was too big to do what I need it for.

I detangle and finger coil in small sections.

I need the flowery one.

went and bought the last one at sallys for my SO but im using it until my blue one comes in the mail :) works great on both our hair!!!!

I had one for a maybe about a month or more. I like it on my dry blowdried hair. When i tried to use it in the shower with sopping wet hair i didnt like it, and put it away and started using the denman. But yesterday i took my time on damp hair in small sections and i like it again. For me with 4a/b hair the secret is small sections on damp hair ,if your hair is not already stretched. I went back to sallys and bought to more, (one for my sis).

well, i tried my tangle teezer for the first time last night on my BSB 4a/4b hair. like the denman i thought it was a lot of hype. well i must too concede

THE TANGLE TEEZER IS THE TRUTH

:reddancer: :reddancer: :reddancer:​

My hair has not been combed in 2 weeks due to a protective style i was wearing so i had a lot of shed hairs that were caught up in my hair. i coated my hair with olive oil, spritzed my hair with water and then coated with HE hello hydration. i let my hair sit for about 30 min before detangling. the sound of the teezer's teeth sound like it's ripping the hair but it isn't. when it comes in contact with a knot it bends so as not to rip it out. after multiple passes it eventually gets the tangles out gently. i tell you this thing works better than my ride or die wide tooth comb that i've had since i BC'd. i examined the amount of hair after detangling and it was not only less but i didn't have knots i had to cut out. after washing my hair and braiding it for a braid out i used it a few time and again it DID NOT rip out my hair.

Ok, we must have lurkers b/c I hit up Sally's by my job and its sold out. And I said,"oh well, I'll go to the one on Kirby". She said it's out over there too. It's on back order. Dang it! I really need it before I comb out this hair. I'm at least four months post and I get a relaxer next weekend. And this would be a true test for my hair.
-fyi... I'm in Texas.

Back