Tangle Teezer has been discontinued?!? WTF!

Ah, classic. A store worker didn't know why something wasn't available, so she just made up an answer like "it's being discontinued" just to be telling somebody something. These are the same people who, when you ask for directions and they don't know, will just tell you some kind of directions, though they are likely to be wrong. Annoying bunch.

Lmao, people always love to create stories when they don't know what's going on. And thankfully EmpressRi laid that one to rest.

And if Sally's doesn't have it, Amazon sure does. That's where I got mine, and I love it!! Would be awesome if they made a model with a handle on it.

I work in retail, and when someone doesn't know, or can't be bothered to check they normally make some BS up lol.
they'd be stupid to discontinue it
they're making sooo much money off of it

hell folks are lazy PERIOD. i went to the salad bar and wanted mixed greens (spring mix) and the lazy **** was like they only have romaine or whatever else that watery crap that you're hungry 5 mins later is.

why two other dudes were like no we have plenty and went and brought out a HUMUNGO sized bag of spring mix.

trifling, just trifling.

and yall are welcome :yep: i wasnt going to rest till i found out what was really going down.

Last edited:
Ah, classic. A store worker didn't know why something wasn't available,.

1. I swear Sally's is the WORST at that ish! They tried to tell me they didn't sell chelating shampoo (which they did)...home girl ( a 'cosmetologist') didn't even know what chelating meant? Then she tells me they don't have the tangle teaser when the display was right at her register! UGH!! She said, "O ithought u meant a brush with a handle." UGHHHH This is why i do everyything ONLINE! Customer service is some ish nowadays! lol sorry for the vent!:spinning:

2. I don't like the tangle teaser at all. I dont see what the big deal is. I returned mine yesterday. I wanted to like it I really did...:nono:

Last edited:
I went it sally and saw one... I am sorry I am terrified of those flat edges of the bristles. I know my hair well enough to know it will not work for my fine puny strands

If another model comes out that is softer and smother I may bite... till then its me and my fingers till the end.

I hope they make one with a handle too like a reg brush. That's stupid. I think it's some type of marketing scheme(take em away and then when if/they come back everyone runs to get one or stock up) cause this makes no sense. I wanted another one too cause them bristles are flimsy and hard to get the hair out of. hopefully there is still some left when i go to get another one. otherwise i'll be using ol faithful til the wheels fall off.

ETA- ok just read the rest of the post. YAY! lol. even though I think the bristles are flimsy if not handled with care and I hate having to hold it and I fear cleaning it for ruining the bristles I LOVE my TT!

Last edited:
i've never used this tangle teezer.

but the last time i went to sally's i asked where the ecostyler gel was and she said they didn't sell those products. why did i walk to the back and find 10 big arse buckets of the stuff? :nono: just lazy for no reason.

Sorry this may be a dumb question, but how exactly do you use the tangle teezer, because I have a denman brush and I have no idea how to use it, and seeing as the tangle teezer is similar, I'm a bit hesitant to buy it although I have heard lots of good things about it. Any help ladies ?

Sorry this may be a dumb question, but how exactly do you use the tangle teezer, because I have a denman brush and I have no idea how to use it, and seeing as the tangle teezer is similar, I'm a bit hesitant to buy it although I have heard lots of good things about it. Any help ladies ?

go on youtube and look at the millions of videos. you'll see how to use it ;)

yeah i actually like it without a handle because i can feel what im doing. it's molded to fit ergonomically into your hand and ive yet to drop it.

I don't know what the fuss was about it ripped my hair out just like any other comb/brush and the teeth bent out of shape the first time I used it.

1. I swear Sally's is the WORST at that ish! They tried to tell me they didn't sell chelating shampoo (which they did)...home girl ( a 'cosmetologist') didn't even know what chelating meant? Then she tells me they don't have the tangle teaser when the display was right at her register! UGH!! She said, "O ithought u meant a brush with a handle." UGHHHH This is why i do everyything ONLINE! Customer service is some ish nowadays! lol sorry for the vent!:spinning:

2. I don't like the tangle teaser at all. I dont see what the big deal is. I returned mine yesterday. I wanted to like it I really did...:nono:

@ the pink... I don't know why, but everytime somebody says something non-raving about the Tangle Teezer I feel like they've just said something bad about one of my family members. :lachen: *shrug* It's not for everybody, and I really do applaud the people who aren't trying to make a square peg fit into a round hole. Er'thing ain't for everybody. :nono::yep:

I hope they make one with a handle too like a reg brush. That's stupid. I think it's some type of marketing scheme(take em away and then when if/they come back everyone runs to get one or stock up) cause this makes no sense. I wanted another one too cause them bristles are flimsy and hard to get the hair out of. hopefully there is still some left when i go to get another one. otherwise i'll be using ol faithful til the wheels fall off.

ETA- ok just read the rest of the post. YAY! lol. even though I think the bristles are flimsy if not handled with care and I hate having to hold it and I fear cleaning it for ruining the bristles I LOVE my TT!

@ the red... Try cleaning it under cold water. It won't bend the bristles and you still get to keep it fairly clean.

yeah i actually like it without a handle because i can feel what im doing. it's molded to fit ergonomically into your hand and ive yet to drop it.

@ the blue... I've dropped it a few times but it still hasn't deterred me. I keep telling myself I'm going to do a TT vs. wide toothed comb comparison (of how much hair I lose) but it is SO hard for me to go back to a regular wide toothed. After the initial comparison I did, I just looked at my wide toothed comb like, "How could I let you abuse me like that for so long?" :lol:

Back