taming this new growth!!!

Hello everyone, I am new here and this is my first post after lurking on the board for nearly a year. I must first start by saying that my hair is flourishing from all of the advice i have obtained on this board from all of you ladies. You are so dedicated to haircare and, here, i don't feel so odd for caring as much as i do.
My hair is about 1.5 inches from bra strap and it is full and relaxed, but my question is just how do i keep my new growth soft and manageable between relaxers? Does anyone know of any temporary relaxing balms that could be applied while rollersetting that could keep it in check? Also, does anyone rollerset their hair and wear it curly until they decide to get a touchup? The reason i ask is because i know many of you wear protective styles but i absolutely ABHOR them! If i am not wearing my hair down then i am wearing my hair down! I guess i won't take up much more of your time, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi celestialOne and welcome to LHCF!

I am really pleased with John Frieda Relax Texture Correcting Serum applied to soaking wet hair. When I use it this way when my hair is dry, the new growth is so manageable I can comb and part my hair with NO PROBLEM! I love this stuff.
love.gif

Hello, I don't care for protective styles either and wear my hair mostly in a doobie wrap or ponytail. My hair is full and relaxed as well. When my new growth starts getting unmanageable, I simply use Hollywood Beauty's Castor Oil before I rollerset my wet hair. It softens up my new growth and gives my hair a wonderful shine. I start doing this around week 5 or 6. Anytime before that, my hair is way too slick.

welcome, celestialOne!
hand.gif
i'm so glad you came out of lurke mode and decided to post.

i hope you find a product that works for you. i'm one of those protective style folks. so i don't have any suggestions as far as products for taming the new growth while wearing it down.

I can rollerset my hair 13 weeks post-relaxer. I always get a rollerset prior to going to the salon for a relaxer so she can actually see where the new growth stops.

I use the www.motowngirl.com Leave-in Conditioner recipe or evoo to smooth down that 1.5 inch of new growth. i do not comb my hair while it is dry.

Kercare Humecto and the oh so famous LUST, help soften my new growth. I tend to leave the conditioners on longer when I have a lot of new growth which seems to help a lot! Wild growth oil on the roots helps as well!
cool.gif

Back