Talk To Me About Feed-in Braids

Lady S

I'm going back to protective styling and I really like the look of feed-in braids. Especially the ones where you can put it in a high ponytail or bun. My concern is my edges. I know part of that is determined by the braiders, but has anyone had any issues with feed-in braids ripping out your edges?

They are the MF Debil!! If you have healthy edges and a braider who listens you should be ok. JMO but I don't think the smaller ones are good for anyone. I got what I thought were large ones, on 2 of the braids I lost my edges. I would suggest keeping the edges out and making some baby hair.

They are the MF Debil!! If you have healthy edges and a braider who listens you should be ok. JMO but I don't think the smaller ones are good for anyone. I got what I thought were large ones, on 2 of the braids I lost my edges. I would suggest keeping the edges out and making some baby hair.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Your poor edges. :cry3:

That's my big concern. Having that tension on the edges. They're just now recovering from the last braiding adventure where the braider put a medium box braid on what had to be 5 baby hairs. :confused:

I'm going back to protective styling and I really like the look of feed-in braids. Especially the ones where you can put it in a high ponytail or bun. My concern is my edges. I know part of that is determined by the braiders, but has anyone had any issues with feed-in braids ripping out your edges?
Are you talking about the braids where you start with your own hair and then feed human/synthetic hair into the braid? If so, I tried to follow this tutorial but it was too difficult for me to grasp.

Are you talking about the braids where you start with your own hair and then feed human/synthetic hair into the braid? If so, I tried to follow this tutorial but it was too difficult for me to grasp.

Yes, I can't cornrow worth :censored:, so I'd have to pay someone to do it. And I'd rather not invest time and money in something that's going to be more damaging then protective. And looking at how much hair they add in the videos, I just wonder about the heaviness .

Back