Taking (short) a hiatus from Protective Styles/Baggie....

ok I have a question, I've actually forgotten the regimen for wearing your hair down

DO you wrap every night?
pincurls?
bantu knots?

RavenIvygurl said:
ok I have a question, I've actually forgotten the regimen for wearing your hair down

DO you wrap every night?
pincurls?
bantu knots?

Me, I cross wrap every night!:D I want to try pincurls and bantu knots too.

But thank you ladies. Ella I enjoy all types of suggestions and such. Any positive feedback is good feedback if you ask me.:)

Thank you ladies. I may do it, rollersetting for 3 weeks straight. By then (hopefully) my hair will be have gotten on my nerves and I will be praising my buns again.:lol:

bmoreflyygirl said:
I'm thinking about doing this myself. I'm just tired of all this hair hiding. :ohwell:

Judging from your pics, atleast sexy is still your friend. Sexy and I aren't even on speaking terms anymore.:lol:

LocksOfLuV said:
Judging from your pics, atleast sexy is still your friend. Sexy and I aren't even on speaking terms anymore.:lol:

Shoot, I don't even think me and sexy ever met.:cool:

Does he have an older brother? LOL:lachen:

HoneyDew said:
Well, I know it is easy for me to say because my hair is neck length, but I always wear my hair down.

I would have trouble with it if I were your length, unless as the other ladies have mentioned, if you do it in a rollerset. But still, if you wear it down, it will not be ALL the time, ALL day. It think it would be okay for a part of the day to swing it out and then wear it up when you are around the house or something.

Even if you are at work or school or something and it gets in the way, you could just out it up a little while.

Oh yes, as soon as I hit my apartment this hair gets put up. It is actually uncomfy to lay around with.

Even my SO will hand me my scarf and ask me to wrap it.:lol:

LocksOfLuV said:
Oh yes, as soon as I hit my apartment this hair gets put up. It is actually uncomfy to lay around with.

That's good!! My man looks at me like I am crazy when I show up at his place with my scarf of. He is always like :look:

Since he never gets to see me during the week, I try to give him some time with my hair, but you know sometimes the scarf just needs to be on!!!!

LocksOfLuV said:

Shoot he's on point huh?:lol:
Locks,I'm glad you're fine with it cuz I always think people are mad if I hijack there threads and I do that ALOT:ohwell:
@HoneyDew yeah that was an attempted updo ala Dlewis,I think I def. have to work on that one but I'am glad you like it.:)

HoneyDew said:
That's good!! My man looks at me like I am crazy when I show up at his place with my scarf of. He is always like :look:

Since he never gets to see me during the week, I try to give him some time with my hair, but you know sometimes the scarf just needs to be on!!!!

See now, your man is funny!:lol:

I don't remember the last time my SO seen me without the scarf....:perplexed Yeah, I def. need to find my sexy.

ella said:
Shoot he's on point huh?:lol:
Locks,I'm glad you're fine with it cuz I always think people are mad if I hijack there threads and I do that ALOT:ohwell:
@HoneyDew yeah that was an attempted updo ala Dlewis,I think I def. have to work on that one but I'am glad you like it.:)

LOL, I don't care. As long as it's something positive. I kinda like hijacks...:look:

I occasionally take a week off from my bun and its not that the breakage is horrible I just think about how much more breakage I get wiht my hair down as compared to protective styling...I love to wear my hair down but the hassle makes me glad when its time to go back into my bun.

Babygurl said:
I occasionally take a week off from my bun and its not that the breakage is horrible I just think about how much more breakage I get wiht my hair down as compared to protective styling...I love to wear my hair down but the hassle makes me glad when its time to go back into my bun.

BG, If I had all that hair I know I will have it up most of the time! :)

At my full neck length it is fun to wear it down. I know I will have to stop this by the end of the year or so.

RavenIvygurl said:

DO you wrap every night?
pincurls?
bantu knots?

Um, I recently discovered pin curls and they are absolutely fabulous.

Sometimes I pincurl my hair just so I can get a real cute swoop and wear it in a bun.

vivadiva85 said:
Um, I recently discovered pin curls and they are absolutely fabulous.

Sometimes I pincurl my hair just so I can get a real cute swoop and wear it in a bun.
you need to teach me :lol: i tried it and got a sqiggly thing not a curl:ohwell:

Loove this thread.

My hair is usually in a 100% bun/ phony pony but i promised my man that i would wear my hair out once every month or two.
Well my birthday was sunday and i wore my hair out....for all of 2hrs then it went back into my satin pony holder. Feeling my hair sitting on my shoulders was making me paranoid about my ends, plus every one kept saying, is that your hair? then proceeding to jam their hands in my hair or try and tug on my hair. My mum was the biggest culprit. She actually jammed her hands in then ran the offending hands through the whole of my hair. SHe was hoping to find bonding tracks.:mad:
I would have relished the attention, but my hair is packed with new growth. I could swear all that was making my hair break.
I want to learn good ways to wear my hair down that show the length....But next time i wear my hair down, i'll be armed with a knuckle rapper, for any hands that cross my personal space! (Watch out, mum!!):mad::mad:

I was hoping to read all these stories about taking a break and enjoying your hair :perplexed and NOT experiencing breakage :look: .

Well, I've been taking a break for a little too long. I've been wearing my rollersets out 2-3 days a week and I love it :grin: . I feel you LocksofLuv...I had to go find my sexy and I'm so glad that I did. Protective styles serve their purpose, but I gotta enjoy what I have. I like my hair at the length that it is (I would definitely love to be MBL, but I'll get there eventually.

I don't believe I've experienced increased breakage because although I wear my hair down, I'm still paranoid about it :lol: . I make sure that I'm wearing a silk shirt, or drape my shoulders with a silk scarf. If I'm by myself, I put my hair up in a claw clip. Main thing...I make sure that my hair gets the proper moisture & protection for the 4 days that I workout. I've even added in overnight baggying.

All that to say I think you can take breaks and wear your hair down every now and then, but just make sure that you continue to care for it.

LocksOfLuV said:

LOL not with these raggedy ass braids in! My hair is growing out of them all over the place. I'm about to take them out now...

OneInAMillion said:
I was hoping to read all these stories about taking a break and enjoying your hair :perplexed and NOT experiencing breakage :look: .

Well, I've been taking a break for a little too long. I've been wearing my rollersets out 2-3 days a week and I love it :grin: . I feel you LocksofLuv...I had to go find my sexy and I'm so glad that I did. Protective styles serve their purpose, but I gotta enjoy what I have. I like my hair at the length that it is (I would definitely love to be MBL, but I'll get there eventually.

I don't believe I've experienced increased breakage because although I wear my hair down, I'm still paranoid about it :lol: . I make sure that I'm wearing a silk shirt, or drape my shoulders with a silk scarf. If I'm by myself, I put my hair up in a claw clip. Main thing...I make sure that my hair gets the proper moisture & protection for the 4 days that I workout. I've even added in overnight baggying.

All that to say I think you can take breaks and wear your hair down every now and then, but just make sure that you continue to care for it.

Aww reading your post made me really want to search for sexy! I hope I find her.

LocksOfLuV said:
Aww reading your post made me really want to search for sexy! I hope I find her.
Hurry up and post a pic...:grin: I need someone to make me feel bad about my hair and looks:lol: that's the only way I get right.

Back