Takin Braids down..

Kiowa

so.. i let my cousin braid my hair while I was on vacation..first of all she used nail glue on the knots for individual braids:nono: and I have ended up just cutting my own hair out of that mess. I soaked my hair and water in conditioner before trying to take the braids out..Any other suggestions that would reduce damage?

:huh: Why did she use glue and on what part of the braid? You don't want your hair soaking wet when you take the braids down so wait for it to dry a little. It should be damp with conditioner or oil to prevent tangling. Water causes matting.

Nail glue is clear and i guess it's an alternative to super glue.... It keeps the slip knots from slipping....I had this happen to me a few years ago OP. bit the bullet and cut my hair :cry:

The nail glue, I'm hoping this I'd how it was used, is used at the end of the braid so it does not unravel. The extension hair should have been braided well past her hair, then apply glue.

I don't do this, but I saw this method on YouTube.

OP, so your hair was glued too? If so I guess you have to cut the glue out. I don't know if glue can be removed from hair, and I would think the chemicals would have damaged that part of your hair.

I have used and have seen ppl use nail/crazy glue at the end of the braid extension well past my hair in order to keep the braid from unraveling. However, she said "knot" and that's usually in reference to where the extension hair is attached to the individual's hair.

If it's at the base, I'm not sure how to loosen the glue. And I would agree that wet hair will not be good. Perhaps a lot of baby oil or mineral oil will help.

What happened to just using gel at the base to get the hair to "stick"? Oh girl, I hope you're talking about the end of the braid...

HighAspirations said:
I think the chemicals would totally kill the hair

Then I would wait until the glue broke down naturally. Might take a month or so but I would add oil to speed up the process.

Last edited:
diadall said:
Then I would wait until the glue broke down naturally. Might take a month or so but I would add oil to speed up the process.

That's what I was thinking, but perhaps I'm too impatient. I like immediate gratification lol

I'm so confused! Is the nail glue on your actual hair, or further down the extension braid? :perplexed

NappyNelle said:
I'm so confused! Is the nail glue on your actual hair, or further down the extension braid? :perplexed

It should never go on your hair, IMO, when I'm ready to take mine down you cut where the glue binds it which is away from my hair.

Back