=Synthetic hair=

Ms.Allyse

Can it be curled??? I think i remember when i was little and would get briads they'd put rollers on the end of my hair and dip them in hot water inorder for the hair to curl......Can this be done with synthetic hair?? I'm not sure......I was wondering.

Ms.Allyse said:
Can it be curled??? I think i remember when i was little and would get briads they'd put rollers on the end of my hair and dip them in hot water inorder for the hair to curl......Can this be done with synthetic hair?? I'm not sure......I was wondering.

Yeah this can be done with synthetic hair. There are some synthetic hair brands that can actually be curled with a curling iron but you would have to look on the actual hair packages to see which ones.

What MsFallon said. Synthetic hair is usually curled with hot water as opposed to direct dry heat, that kind of heat just makes it melt.

The weave hair brand that Brandy (the singer) advertised can be blow-dried and hot curled at low temps.

But most synthenic hair will just melt if you try to hot curl it.

Didn't get a chance to answer your PM before I left for work (sorry!) but I agree with what everyone else here says!

Ms.Allyse said:

It depends on the hair. They have some synthetics now that can be curled but only under a certain degree. It will tell you on the package. I used hot rollers on my synthetic hair and it worked though. I imagine that would be similar to using the rods and hot water.

Ms.Allyse said:
Synthetic hair can't be curled w/a curling iron, but it can be curled with rollers and boiling hot water. Curled synthetic hair can also be straightened by pouring hot water on it, and kinky textured synthetic hair can be straighted with a steamer. see www.drlocks.net for more info.

I know syntehtic hair (most) can't be curled with a curling iron I was asking if rollers/hot water would work?? It was never a question about hot curlers!

Ms.Allyse said:
I know syntehtic hair (most) can't be curled with a curling iron I was asking if rollers/hot water would work?? It was never a question about hot curlers!
I didn't say you did or didn't know they could be curled w/a curling iron. That was just part of my response to your question, meant to answer and help :ohwell:

Back