Synthetic hair for braids help!!!!!!

bri123

Hi everyone my sister will be putting in my braids for me next month and I will be using synthetic hair my concern is hair breakage this past summer I used human hair but it is so expensive and I kept my hair moisturized and it was so healthy so this time I will be using synthetic hair does anyone have any advice on a braid regimen that they experienced that worked for them with no breakage and hair stayed moisturized healthy and shiny. Thanks /images/graemlins/look.gif

I've heard soaking the synthetic hair before braiding with it minimizes breakage, but I'm not exactly sure how or why. Maybe someone else can elaborate more.
Jen

bri123 i think that the growth that u experienced was bcoz u kept yo hair moisturised and so maintained yo hair's length, i braid my hair wit kanekalon and if taken care of receve minimum hair breakage but umay want to rinse the hair b4 braidin it to get rid of the chemicals that may remain in the hair

Thanks girls for the advice I am going to go for it and continue to take care of my hair and also while it is in braids as well.thanks again I really appreciate it. Also do I need to pretreat the synthetic hair before I put the braids in I heard it is a good idea to this before hand?

i dont do this and have never really noticed anything wrong and jus follow robin's braid routine but some pple pre-treat them so they dont itch...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
JenJen2721 said:
I've heard soaking the synthetic hair before braiding with it minimizes breakage, but I'm not exactly sure how or why. Maybe someone else can elaborate more.
Jen

[/ QUOTE ]

Jen, when I had my braids done, my friend who did them, says that soaking each strand of synthetic hair in a bowl of hot water will soften and makes it easy to manage. It almost feels like your own natural hair. As far as to keep it from being damaged, I don't know about that one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hope I can help you.

More hair, Grow hair.
BabyCurls /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif

Back