Switching to Lye!

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Since getting my first relaxer since I stop being natural (3c/4a) I used precise relaxer and add some olive oil in the base which is a no-lye relaxer.

Now I want to switch to a lye relaxer because my ends are kind of flat and don't really have that nature body and shine like it did when I was natural and only getting blow-outs.

I'm currently 8 weeks post and usually get stretch to almost 11 weeks, but this time I trying to stretch to the beginning of July which would be about 14 weeks. I don't want to be texlax, my hair is not bone-straight it has just a little wave in it when it's wet.

So my questions are if I do switch to lye how long should I wait until I get my touch-up which would make it safe since they have two different chemicals?

I want to use either mizani butter blend, or Affirm's fiberguard, which is better?

Thanks in advance!

I have the same questions, so Im interested in a response as well.:ohwell: I've used affirm for 10 years and it worked very well for my hair.:grin: My hair type is 4a-b. I've never used Mizani. Perhaps you can do a search on both relaxers to see what the best results are.:yep:

Hey Sassy, I am the same hair type as you and relaxed my natural hair with Affrim. I decided on that because apparently Lye relaxers don't dry out the hair so much - which is good for already naturally dry hair.

I did my first re-touch after a 9 week stretch.

I have never tried Mizani.

Just out of interest can you buy Lye relaxers in a kit like No-Lye ones?

Since getting my first relaxer since I stop being natural (3c/4a) I used precise relaxer and add some olive oil in the base which is a no-lye relaxer.

Now I want to switch to a lye relaxer because my ends are kind of flat and don't really have that nature body and shine like it did when I was natural and only getting blow-outs.

I'm currently 8 weeks post and usually get stretch to almost 11 weeks, but this time I trying to stretch to the beginning of July which would be about 14 weeks. I don't want to be texlax, my hair is not bone-straight it has just a little wave in it when it's wet.

So my questions are if I do switch to lye how long should I wait until I get my touch-up which would make it safe since they have two different chemicals?

I want to use either mizani butter blend, or Affirm's fiberguard, which is better?

Thanks in advance!

I'm 3c/4a-started out with a nolye (ORS) dried me out as I was coming from almost 3 years natural to texalax which went well. But since I hated the dryness I stretched 8 weeks before applying Mizani Butter Blend Lye Relaxer

I fell head over heels in love with Mizani Butter Blend as its very moisturizing(my hair thanks me all the time for it) I plan to do a full corrective this July (Lye is used to correct a No-Lye relaxer) I plan to take my 80-90% curls to 80-90% straight.

I have never used any other Lye relaxer than Mizani. Also, Its good to have a little wave in the hair means you have some elasticity left; It's best to relax only 80-90% straight leaving 10-20% curl pattern in the hair.

HTH

I'm 3c/4a-started out with a nolye (ORS) dried me out as I was coming from almost 3 years natural to texalax which went well. But since I hated the dryness I stretched 8 weeks before applying Mizani Butter Blend Lye Relaxer

I fell head over heels in love with Mizani Butter Blend as its very moisturizing(my hair thanks me all the time for it) I plan to do a full corrective this July (Lye is used to correct a No-Lye relaxer) I plan to take my 80-90% curls to 80-90% straight.

I have never used any other Lye relaxer than Mizani. Also, Its good to have a little wave in the hair means you have some elasticity left; It's best to relax only 80-90% straight leaving 10-20% curl pattern in the hair.

HTH

this is on my relaxer choice list. glad you find it moisturizing b/c my hair needs all the moisture it can get.

Back