Switching from Mizani to Affirm!!!!

LamLove121

Hey Ladies,

I was hoping some1 could give me some advice about switching relaxers. I got my first relaxer a year ago ( im 18 and i had thick curly hair that i got pressed) and i got a regular Mizani but i think it was to strong anyway my hair is thinning out and i was wondering if Affirm would be better for my hair type of should i just try a Mizani Mild. I would really LOVE all the help i can get because as soon as i get this figured out i will start my long hair journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

What is your hair type?

My hair is 4a, and I use Mizani Regular/Medium, and it works wonderfully for me.

LamLove121 said:
Hey Ladies,

I was hoping some1 could give me some advice about switching relaxers. I got my first relaxer a year ago ( im 18 and i had thick curly hair that i got pressed) and i got a regular Mizani but i think it was to strong anyway my hair is thinning out and i was wondering if Affirm would be better for my hair type of should i just try a Mizani Mild. I would really LOVE all the help i can get because as soon as i get this figured out i will start my long hair journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I don't know. That is something that you should discuss with your stylist. Maybe he or she would start you off with Affirm Mild and see how your hair takes to it. JMHO.

I'm not sure what strength my former stylist used, but she went from Mizani to Affirm for me because the Mizani was too strong. I didn't have any problems when she switched.

I am 4a hair type and been using Affirm mild for years. I think it is good perm that has condtioning properties in it. It also recommends in one of the relaxing steps to use 5+1 reconstrutor for condionting right after you rinse out. As matter of fact 5+1 was design for the relaxing process :look: .

I used Mizani for several years before I switched to Affirm last year. I do not regret it. I was using Mizani regular and switched to Affirm Normal. Mizani definitely was too strong for my fine hair. My hair is so much fuller now that I use Affirm as well as incorporate proper haircare techniques as learned from the board! I will never change relaxers again!

Back