Swimmers I need help!!!!!(Blizzard Beach)

NinasLongAmbition

Hi Ladies! I need your help...Im going to Disney's Blizzard Beach o May 24 or 25 and I'll be 13 weeks post by that time. I'll be getting a relaxer on May 29. So I need tips on hairstyles , products and step-by stepinstructions, I dont want my hair to fall out due to chlorine but I do want to live my life and have fun in the water. Thank you.

Hey, girl. I did Disney with my family for Spring Break and here's what I did:

I would do a high bun (like at the top of my head) while at the water park. For my hairstyle with no heat, I rocked braid-outs.

If you are going for two days, the first day when I got home from the park, I would do a real good co-wash making sure to leave in a little con for styling. Then I would braid in like 10-12 box braids and roll up the ends with little perm rods. Cover with triangle scarf (so the hair could get some air, but still be protected) and let air dry overnight. The following day, I would do another textured high-on-my-head bun (from the braid-out) and when I got home from the water park, use a good gentle poo that will get out all the chlorine (I use Aveda Hair Detoxifier) and then do another good co-wash, using a little extra for braid styling. When I wasn't in the water, I just rebraided/rolled ends at night with a little moisturizing cream and had a funky braid-out the next day-- I put on a head band and was out the door...:grin:

HTH-

I don't think your hair will fall out. I think people make other people too afraid of chlorine. I could see if you swam everyday and didn't shampoo frequently. But just for two days, you should be fine.

If I was going swimming for 2 days at 13 weeks post, I'd get cornrows, at the end of the day when I clean up to leave, I'd use a chelating shampoo, slather some quick condish on while showering, risne at end of shower, after showering, use your fav. leave in/moisturizer...pat it/massage it into the braids.

Keep it simple so you can have fun!

Back