• Yes ofcourse!

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • No relaxers grow out they dont sweat out

Votes: 144 84.2%
  • I have no clue

Votes: 18 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You were most likely UNDERprocessed. I relaxed bone straight all my life and never had an issue.

I'm assuming your stylist got it straight-looking that day with a rollerset and/or HEAT and then as soon as you get some sweat, it reverted b/c you weren't really relaxed "properly". UNDERprocessed.

Nah Mizz Brown...I wasn't UNDERprocessed because I had washed my hair a couple of days after the relaxer but before the practice and it DID NOT look the way it looked after that 1 hard practice we had. Of course now I know what being UNDERprocessed means..and that was not the case. Its not like my hair went back to its original 4a texture but it was almost like it was texlaxed or something. If it was UNDERprocessed wouldnt I have been able to use that same heat my stylist used to straighten it in the first place to straighten it again? I'm curious..

Last edited:
I have relatives that swear they 'sweat out a relaxer'. :rolleyes: I don't think one can sweat out a relaxer. I believe their hair is under processed, and reverts, but I don't call that 'sweating out a relaxer'. Please. :giggle:

Here is a theory. Off the wall, but hey, Michael Jackson has inspired me.

Suppose a person is excercising so much, that their sweat is running, the blood is circulating, hair is getting wet, and then...BOOM BOOM POW!

New growth!! ??

Eh. Just a theory. I know, I know.
Back to work flunkie...

:lachen:She shoulda just gotten a wash n roller-rap,:lachen:. You can not sweat a relaxer out:nono:. you can however make it less pin straight, if it is under-proccessed, by sweating, getting it wet, etc. Your neighbor's not too educated on haircare.:look:

This is exactly what happens. The hair is not processed bone straight all over, and the sweat causes that less-than-bone-straightness to be apparent.

Second, after about 4-6 weeks, people are experiencing new growth, and that is what is causing the puffiness, etc. Some folks probably do think the relaxer is "wearing off" or "sweating out."

When I talk about sweating my hair out, I just don't want it to get wet from working out, etc.

I don't believe in sweating out a relaxer either. If your hair is not relaxed 100% bone straight, there is still some texture in your hair. And in two weeks you should have 1/4 of an inch of hair that isn't relaxed. If your hair grows faster than the average (1/2 inch per month) NG will be even more apparent.

When I used to relax my hair bone straight I never had that problem, until my newgrowth started to grow in.

Suppose a person is excercising so much, that their sweat is running, the blood is circulating, hair is getting wet, and then...BOOM BOOM POW!

New growth!! ??

Back to work flunkie...

I could hear that. :lachen:

When I did boot camp for 30 days straight my new growth came in much faster. I was CO washing nearly daily. I do believe that working out at least five days a week and getting a good sweat helps my hair grow. I started my daily workouts again this week and I do expect my hair to be significantly longer by New Years.

I am hoping that sweating out/washing out one's relaxer is an old wives tale. I remember when I was younger my mother used to make me wait two weeks to a month before I could wash my hair after relaxing (which I hated). Now that I'm older and I take care of my own hair I wash my hair frequently, and my mother sometimes tells me "You're going to wash out your relaxer". In my mind I'm like how is that even possible? My hair has been chemically altered. If sweat and water were all that's needed to revert hair back to natural then there would be no need to transition to natural.

New growth!! ??

Back to work flunkie...
totally agree!!!

Back