Sweat and Hair

Zeal

I need advice. I am starting to really do some make you sweat cardio. I have been sweating like a pig. Should I cowash every day would this be to much?

Presently I cowash it is every other day.

Z

If your not having any ill effects from CWing go for it! I visit the gym 4x/week and I CW each time because like you I sweat ALOT! I just feel cleaner from head to toe doing this. I use cheapy moisturizing condish with little to no protein.

I guess since you're natural, it might be ok to cowash everyday, but for me being relaxed and having medium textured hair, cowashing everyday does not work for me. At the most, every two days, which is what i'm doing now.

I used to be a once a week washer, now I wash as I need to. When I step up the cardio I do rinse my hair on non wash days. Even though I will use nexxus ensure on those days, Its used more of a detangler and not a conditioner. (only stays in 2 minutes max)

I think its more about whatever you can stand, and how you style your hair. I don't do a whole lot to it and my hair dosen't have a water aversion.

-A

I've been increasing my cardio workouts and I wash my hair, as needed. Lately, it's been about 3 days a week.

Zeal said:
I need advice. I am starting to really do some make you sweat cardio. I have been sweating like a pig. Should I cowash every day would this be to much?

Presently I cowash it is every other day.

Z

Zeal,
CW every day is not so extreme, if you sweat a lot the acidity from your sweat can cause problems with the pores on your head and lead to hair loss in extreme cases. Either way washing out the sweat from your hair leaves it healthy.

MeechUK

Back