Swap your shampoo & conditioner from time to time?

Tranquility

Hi Ladies,
I am a neewbie. I am trying to discover a good regime for my hair. A beautician emailed me this information:

"Yes it's really important to swap your shampoo and conditioner from time to time as using the same shampoo for a long time period might cause residues onto the scalp and hence increase your chances of getting dandruff and other hair-related disorders!!
You can actually change the shampoo every 3 months time or earlier!!

Is it good to change shampoo & conditioners from time to time?
Can I get some names of effective shampoos & conditioners?

You can change your products if you want, but just doing a clarifying session will get rid of any buildup. Some people do ACV rinses to clarify and some just use clarifying shampoo.

I just clarify.

I only switch up my conditioners really. That is just because there so many more of those that my hair like and so few shampoos that give me the slip I want.

But, I clarify everytime anyway.

The ladies are right, clarifying will remove any build up, switching shampoo and conditioner is not necessary.

I have several different brands that I use, but that's just because I like them each, not for any of the reasons the beautician stated.

I love Nexxus Phyto Organics, Redken, Alterna and Aveda.

You should not need to switch shampoos as long as you clarify periodically. My opinion is that you will need different conditioners at different points if you need more moisture or more protein, but not because any of them will cause "disorders" like the beautician stated.

Back