Swang: Heavy vs Light

unalteredone

Whenever i go to my stylist, my hair has a lot of movement, but in that very heavy, dark and shiny way. I've found that cutting down on the amount of products i use post wash has allowed me to have a lot of light, fluffy movement. While i like the volume that the lighter movement gives, the heavy movement looks better if i have to pull it into a ponytail or something because when it's light it just sort of fans out. Any ideas on how to produce one effect over the other?

BTW, post wash i use a little lacio lacio, a little shescentit green grape leave in, and redken heatglide all mixed together in my palm, blowdry, and flat iron. Im not positive about what my stylist uses, it seems to change from time to time, but it usually involves some sort of aerosol spray but i'm a little scared to buy oilsheens since everyone seems to say that oil+heatstyling=bad.

Experiment until you find that delicate balance between heavy vs. light. My straightened hair has a lot of "swang" but it did take time to figure out just how much to use. I use Aveda and CHI products and they are concentrated, so I know I only have to use one dab (on my index finger) per hair section to get my "light-medium" balance of product on my hair.

Back