Surviving Pregnancy Hair Before and After

Grow_it_out

Hello Ladies. Have any of you experienced the growth your hair goes through when you are pregnant just to have it fall out a few months after delivery and have suggestions? I am in this transitional phase with my hair. When I was pregnant with my daughter my hair grew about 3 inches, it was silky and easy to wear in any style I wanted. It was past my BSL. Now, my hair has gone through that phase where it sheds after having a baby and it is about shoulder length (the same thing also happened to my cousins hair). It is very hard to style, and I usually just pull it back in a bun. I am scared to go back to beauticians, because my hair always ends up shorter and has trouble growing back. My last perm was about January and even then I could not wear my hair down. My routine is usually a wash and condition once a week, I use Ultra Black Hair Products, a blow dry and that's it. I don't know what to do. Please help!:ohwell:

Alter ego line garlic conditioner products stops post preggo shedding . You Must! moisturize go back on prenatals put your hair up in bun (not tight)cover with a half wig or phony pony and leave your hair alone except of course on those important conditioner days and it will stabilize I promise. It may take 3 to 5 months for your hair to recover from this hormornal shift which is the cause of the shedding. So some crazy stylist telling you "your hair is dead so I gonna Kill it some more with chemicals and heat and a 'good cut' " Is a really bad idea. Leave your hair alone don't relax when is like that No tight braids or tight weaves..No drastic cuts or crazy scissor stylist.:grin::rolleyes:

your hair will recover I promise:yep::yep:

Thank you for this thread because I have been wandering what I am going to do with my hair after I take these twists out which will be 2 months postpartum.

whew I needed to read this!! I am 8 months and am 2 inches from bsl and nervous about the outcome of my hair... I have been told to keep up the prenatals and keep it up in a bun and moisturize... This is the 10th time I have heard about alter ego!!! I will definitely purchase this!! Thanks ladies!!!

So relaxing after giving birth is a no-no? If so, how long after giving birth can a relaxer be applied? TIA

Back