Surge side effects

LisaG

Could somone please direct me to the bad reveiws on the new Surge product line. I have had some burning sensations in places on the scalp. Nothing to have a heart attack over but still.....

grin.gif
It's our very own Cybra.
notworthy.gif
But don't tell anyone... I prefer it when people think it's me.
bdance.gif

Wow I did not know that so many were effected by Surge. My bottle has now been diluted it with water Infusion 23, Motion lotion #9,and S-Curl. I did this as soon as it started that burning sensation. No problem and good growth/strength. But if you are on a budget it might cause a problem...my hair in braids...can't keep getting my redone because of growth. Fuzzy way too soon. Will probably use surge in three weeks spurts like when my hair is not in braids. Other than that I will continue using this product keeping in mind that it does tend to build up and cause irratations.

This is my personal view on the product:

To avoid scalp irritation-->

1) Washing frequently
2) Using another moisturizer with product
3) Not "over" doing it

-If you wash/condiiton wash or rinse your hair every day like at night and spray in the morning and after you wash, there should be no scalp irritation.
-Always try to put a "light" moisturizer on your hair in the middle of the day if the surge is causing severe dryness.
- Some people go crazy with the stuff by spraying 3 to 5 times a day. If you don't get any side effects from doing this then keep doing what you're doing, but if you are then calm down on the extra spraying for a while.

My experience-->
Once time I didn't wash my hair for three to four days or so. I sprayed the product on my hair twice and sometimes three times a day. The third day my scalp towards the back of my neck started to get very irritated and it left a red mark. I put some a & d ointment on my scalp the first day. The next day I washed my hair and my scalp seemed to be okay. Like I said, it depends on how you follow the directions and all. And then you have some people who's scalp doesn't have side effects at all. You make the decision. All in all, my hair has received 1 1/2 inches if new growth this month. I'm proud of this great progress, but I'm more worried about saving the good health of my hair.

How's the weather in Atlanta, HairFanatic? That's good that you can rinse daily in the wintertime, but in MDit's been so cold that there is no way I could without having to "heat dry" my hair. I'd go outside and have icycles as hair.

Back