Surge.......I won't splurge

sterry

Surge.......I won\'t splurge

Hey ladies,

I know that some of you are having success with Splurge. This is not a post about Slurge bashing.
This is just to say that so often we want something right now..... not taking into consideration that some things take time. Education, nice car, big house, great companion, knowing God, etc.) Hair growth.
Im not splurging on Surge because Im incline to believe that it is a marketing ploy. The magic potion in a bottle that will have us looking like Rapunzal in a matter of months. Yes I am quilty of falling for these magic potions as well , but I have had more success with scalp massages, healthy diet and patience along with care. And Research Comparison. This is my way of finding out if the ingredients in one product didn't work then nine chances out of ten it won't work any better in another product.
Im not saying that Surge does not aid in hairs health or growth, but I haven't found anything in particular about the ingredients in this product that would produce such miraculous hair growth.
I have found the following products that have quite a few ingredients like Surge:
Jason's Thin-to-Thick Conditioner: Hawaiian Sea Kelp/ Algae Extract, Purified Spring Water, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Aloe Vera Gel, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Chamomile Extract, Acetamide MEA, Marigold Extract*, Comfrey Extract*, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Planthenol-3, (Plant Phospholipids, DL-Panthenol, Ethyl Panthenol, Steardimonium Panthenol), Stearyl Alcohol, Horsetail Extract (organic silicone)*, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Ginseng Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein and Wheat Oligosaccharides, Bio-Saccharide Gum-1, Mucopolysaccharides, Vitamin E, Allantoin, Vitamin C (ester-c), Jojoba Oil, Phyto Complex of: Juniper, Cedarwood, Cypress, Yarrow, Burdock*, and Lavender; Vitamin A, Rice Protein, Benzophenone-3 (UV), Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Nicotinate, Folic Acid, Methylparaben, Cysteine, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid (pH Balancing), and Essential Oils [*Organic Botanicals, Flowers and Herbs are from Trout Lake Farms].

There is also Aubrey's Organic Biotin Hair Care for Men
Ingredients:
Biotin Hair Repair
Rich leave-in conditioner restores moisture and softness from the very first application, and nourishes hair and scalp with amino acids, biotin and other B vitamins. Ideal for dry, damaged or thinning hair.

INGREDIENTS: Essential Fatty Acid Base, Aubrey's Herbal Complex (Burdock, Ivy, Lemon, Sage, Saponins, Watercress, Amino Acids), Inositol, Biotin, Keratin, Mucopolysaccharides, PABA, Cystine, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).
There are alot of similar ingredients.
So just be careful. Buy one bottle and try it out.
I have also started taking Sea kelp. This is day 8. Haven't notice a big difference in hair , but it definetly stave off hunger and appetite. It is a natural marine algae containing Iodine.
So just becareful of quick fixes. A little patience is all we need.
smile.gif

Re: Surge.......I won\'t splurge

Stery you are the BOMB...I was just about to buy Surge, but some of the products I have already happen to have some of the same ingredients.....Thanks alot!

what about the fact people are seeing results?
i understand where your coming from- how quickly folks will run to a product if is supposedly works- but thats why some of us are trying it out for this challenge - so we can effectively report to everyone else how its working.

Arent both Jason's and Aubrey's more expensive than Surge as well (Im not too sure)? I never used Surge to expect miracles, but I am getting great results from it..stronger, thicker hair, my demarcation line is strong too as I am 12 weeks post relaxer. I also exercise eat healthy take multies and drink plenty of water. I agree with a lot of what you are saying but at the same time, I think most Surge users are looking for reasonably nice results and most are getting it (according to their posts). I dont think anyone expects to look like Rapunzel behind Surge.

i think this is the best haircare site out there. i say this because i feel like a lot of us are educated. i never (i repeat NEVER) buy products without reading the ingredients (i'd been doing that WAY before coming here). i'll admit that i've bought a bunch of stuff since frequenting this site, all of which have a unique set of properties and ingredients. i have nothing that resembles the ingredients in surge, and therefore thought it was worth a try. if anyone here thinks surge'll make their hair hit their waist, they have a lot to learn.

Don't get me wrong. As I stated before I believe that Surge will aid in hair's health resulting in stronger longer hair overtime.
I just hope that from the thread that started this Surge Plurge that no one believed that hair will be growing overnight. It still will take time.
All and most of the ingredients are not new and can be found in other products.
This was just a word of caution not to be misled. If you haven't read the post that started this perhaps you should.

Hey sterry.~ I posted comments along the line of what you're saying in one of the Surge threads. For anyone that's interested, this is what I said:

This isn't to down anyone's success with this line, but I decided to do some 'investigation' into the possible reasons for the increased growth that Surge products encouraged, and I made some observations.

I was looking at the ingredients to all three of the products in the Surge line on walgreens.com, starting with the Revitalizer. Based on its ingredient listing, the Revitalizer 14 doesn't appear too different from a typical protein reconstructor, except that you're not rinsing it out. The principal three ingredients aren't the biotin, keratin or the muccopolysaccharide (although the mucco is 4th) that it's marketed by. In addition to that, the biotin is so far down on the list:

Hair Revitalizer
Ingredients
Water , Cetrimonium Chloride , Propylene Glycol , Muccopolysaccharides , Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein , Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein , Polyquaternium-7 , Biotin , Fragrance , Methylparaben , Aloe Barbadensis Gel , Propylparaben , Citric Acid , Sodium PCA

The Woojee cream has even less 'Mucco' - it's the 7th ingredient down. A huge turn off for me is its high mineral oil content.

Woojee Cream
Ingredients
Water , Mineral Oil , Sorbitol , Stearic Acid , Glyceryl Stearate , Myristyl Myristate , Muccopolysaccharides , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth-20 , Sorbitan Monoleate , Hydroxyethyl , Cellulose , Tetrasodium EDTA , Tea Tree Oil , Olive Oil , Eucalyptus Oil , Coconut Oil , Shea Butter , Dicetyldimonium Chloride , Triethanolamine , DMDM Hydantoin , Fragrance

The Lotion Motion is high in natural oils that most of us here already use - jojoba, olive and vitamin-e. I remember reading that Soybean oil - the principal ingredient - is high in protein, so it would make sense that users experienced stronger new growth with this product.

Lotion Motion
Ingredients
Soy Bean Oil , Olive Oil , Jojoba Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate Vitamin E Oil , Aloe Vera Oil , Tea Tree Oil , Coconut Oil , Shea Butter , Clove Oil , Fragrance

Well that was my 'analysis' but congrats to everyone that have found this line to be very effective on their hair:).

Bronze Brown, that's an interesting post you made about Surge product ingredients, esp. the biotin. The closer a specific ingredient is to either a fragrance (often listed as "fragrance" or an individual essential oil, e.g., lavender or bergamot oil) or a preservative like methylparaben, ethylparaben, proplyparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, or quaternium-15, the less likely it is that there's a significant amount of it in the product. Its impact is negligible. In the Surge Hair Revitalizer, the biotin is listed immediately preceding "fragrance."

Hey BrownBronze,

I wasn't aware of your post. But glad to see that Im not the only way thinking this way.

Wow we pretty much said the same thing.
It wasn't to discourage anyone just to shed some light on things.

I have to agree with hotshot on this. What better way to test the claims of a product than to have a LOT of willing, unaffiliated, and uncompensated ladies trying it for the length of time they say you'll see results? Trust me, if this thing is a gimmick, the WHOLE of LHCF will know it! On the other hand, if it works in doubling the growth or something for maybe 90% of the ladies who tried it without doing anything else special like MSM or just starting regular exercise, you bet I'll be getting me a bottle!... as soon as I'm ready to start buying new products.
laugh.gif

Additionally, although this may sound like a quick fix, it's also a *simple* fix. The products seem more like moisturizers and the like which almost everyone uses, anyway. If it works, it simply adds to the pool of choices of what you can do to get healthier, longer hair. I'd be curious to read a summary of results when a month or two is over.

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:[/i] I never used Surge to expect miracles, but I am getting great results from it..stronger, thicker hair ... I think most Surge users are looking for reasonably nice results and most are getting it (according to their posts). I dont think anyone expects to look like Rapunzel behind Surge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an early user of Surge(since summer) and although I get excellent results which myself and other members had been relaying via pm for months, I never expected miracles. Sometimes its not just the ingredients in a product but it can also be the proportion of ingredients in just the right combination...just like a recipe. You can have a lot of the same ingredients with different results. For me the proof is in the results and what works for one may not work for all.

I believe people should be able to try what ever products they want. Yes it is different if you are looking for that mirical product that grows 24 inches of hair in 2 weeks but even if someone does believe that, if they did try it and/or kept reading this board they would soon see that it doesn't. Everyone has to learn, I used to believe some silly things and now I know better, other people have done and will continue to do the same. Don't get me wrong though, it is nice that you posted such a warning, however why is it that anytime the word "growth" is involved the hair stands up on people's necks. There are many other products that people are buying and trying like conditioners, oils, creams, lotions, potions, etc..but as long as they are said to provide things like slip, manageability, softness,etc we can go ahead and purchase as many of these as we want. Surge is cheap, if anyone wants to try it...then feel free. If you expect miraculous results and you don't get them..then lesson learned, if you get good or bad results from it then do post and we can learn from eachother...it's all good
smile.gif

Back