Surge - does all the protein make the hair hard?

simplyhair

Would you consider Surge a product that has a lot of protein? The ingredients include Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein. I've read on other threads that too much protein can be more harmly causing breakage.

I spray one or twice on each part of the scalp then rub it in. I've had no problems, in fact I find it quite moisturising for a water based spray. I go mad on the hair line and nape area though, I spray that area like I'm using that soul glo from coming to america. I thought the exact same thing when I say the ingredients. The product that is similar (Fantasia IC treatment) makes the hair real hard. This stuff is ok
smile.gif
Don't be scurrrred, try it and grooooooooooooow!!

Surge does not make my hair hard even after doing my strong
protein treatments I usually follow with some oil or a moisturizing cream.

So far...I have not noticed any hardness...

However I think I am going to change the order in which I apply the surge..I am currently condition washing...twisting my hair with shea butter...then spritzing on the surge...

I think I am going to spritz the hair before I begin twisting...

no hard hair here....i condition wash, saturate my hair and scalp with Surge and Miracle Repair Treatment and then vaseline the ends and my hair is always soft..

I think it makes my hair soft, not hard. But then, I have only used it while doing my protective styles, not while wearing my hair down.

Back