surge +braids?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
does anyone use surge with braids in? I have had braids for nearly 2 months but was afraid to surge because I thought my braids woudl not last long! Anyone here use it with braids without it shortening the life of you rbraids?

well i got braids for the first time June 26, so I'm not sure what the 'normal life' of my braids would have been w/out the SURGE but i definately have a lot of new growth and it hasn't been 1 month yet. What I do is re-do the braids that are on top and on my edges (about 18 total) that way it can still look fresh and only you know that you have so much new growth underneath.

However, make sure you moisturize after Surge. I only spray it on my scalp after I wash my briads other than that I spray my hair, b/c it causes dryness and I don't want to get flakes. So i think you should Surge on!

Yes, I used Surge on my braids and received a great deal of growth. The life of my braids was not shortened, however, because of all the new growth I received they started to look worn out in the middle of my head so I had to pull my braids back most of the time. IMO, I think using Surge on braids is better than just using it on my hair. I was able to spray Surge on my whole scalp because of the individual parts on my head as opposed to parting my hair in less sections and spraying Surge on. HTH

I like using it with my braids as well. Because of the braids, there's easy access to the scalp. I usually don't make it quite to 8 weeks with the braids because it grows out quite a bit. Can't remember how long I kept braids in in the past, as things have been much different now that I made a conscious effort to grow out my hair.
smile.gif

I use surge with braids and I have a lot
shocked.gif
of new growth. Although, I'm not sure how much people actually get in two weeks. I mix it with African Royale BRX, WGO and EVOO and spray the combo on my braids and scalp.

Okay, thanks yall!!! I will surge some then....I plan to take my braids out though either this weekend or next...hope that does not make it harder to take out!

Back