Surge and Megatek?

Crystal22

Would using Surge Hair Revatilizer Plus 14 and Megatek be too much at one time? I was thinking of alternating them every other day on the scalp and see what happens. I will be washing 2x per week to remove buildup and to DC. What do you think? They both contain mucopolysacchrides and keratin protein. Surge also contains wheat protein. Am I just asking for protein overload? Or if done right, could this be great growth w/o any bad effects? I also wanted to add that I though my hair didn't like protein, I was somewhat scared of it actually, but I've found the right amount is starting to be a good thing for my fragile strands. I need something to strengthen these baby's up so they can in turn grow longer. My hair is thick at the roots but the ends are not nearly as thick and it looks like its going to continue growing out the same way and I don't wanna reach my length goals w/o the thickness as well. No one wants straggly BSL hair. What do you think?

Surge alone it too much protein. I think that is why my experience with megatek was not good. I was also using surge.....My hair was hard as a rock and stiff to where I had to DC overnight for 2 days to break it. If you use Surge start out by only 1 spray a day instead of 2 for about a week and DO NOT use Megatek with it! I believe you can use megatek with something else just not surge. You can look at the products on the surge bottle and see its too much but I have a hard head...

I overdid it with the Surge and MT , too. I was keeping my hair braided up under a wig and spraying it each morning with Surge and putting MT on my scalp at night. I got a lot of growth initially, but after a while, my hair was dry and ashy looking and I noticed that my ends were popping. I took the braids out and began DC'ing, but I still suffered a setback from the protein overload :wallbash:. The key is to keep up your oil treatments and DCs to balance out the protein...now I know.......

ARE THEY ARE MAKING SURGE AGAIN???!!!????

If they are, imma have to get a bottle tomorrow!

Sorry if I'm late, but I thought it was discontinued!

ARE THEY ARE MAKING SURGE AGAIN???!!!????

If they are, imma have to get a bottle tomorrow!

Sorry if I'm late, but I thought it was discontinued!

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I was thinking the same thing! I'm on my last bottle and I LOVE this stuff!!! I spray it on my scalp everyday, BUT I make sure i follow with a moisturizing product to avoid protein overload.

A member here Missyknightwin?? had some for sale about a month ago and I got two bottles ( to add to the four I already had:grin:). She said that she would have some more available soon..............

I haven't seen Surge at any of the BSS's I've visited in my area. I'm living off the 4 I found last summer.

Back