Supergirl, Could Jojoba Oil save me some MONEY!

moneychaser

Hi Supergirl
wave.gif

sekret.gif
I recently read that you use Jojaba Oil as your daily moisturizer! After reading this I thought
nuts.gif

Could this oil kill two birds with one stone!

"Thinking out loud" This is one of the oils that can penetrate my hair. It is moisturizing. Why in the hell am I spending money on water-based moisturizers, and oils to seal them
confused.gif
confused.gif

Help Supergirl help! Do you still use water-based moisturizers? Should I invest in Jojoba Oil and just cut out the middle man (water-based moisturizers)
clap.gif

Re: Supergirl, Could Jojoba Oil save me some MONEY

Yes, I think jojoba oil is an excellent moisturizer & it is my main moisturizer, but I haven't had to use it nearly as much since beginning with Deep Brilliance--I believe it's because Deep Brilliance has hydrolyzed jojoba amino acids in it. For a creamy moisturizer, I like Profectiv Break Free but rarely use it.

To answer your question, yes jojoba oil can serve as a regular moisturizer.

If it means anything to you coming from me, I like jojoba oil too
smile.gif

but I've never used it withougt using a water based product along with it.

i use jojoba oil too. i mix it with other oils like rosemary and aloe vera, but it is the best for moisture. especially if your hair drinks moisture.

Jojoba oil sounds so good, but when I went to the Health Food store the other day, I went to get it but the price made me go
shocked.gif
I settled for sweet almond oil instead. I'm enjoying it, but I may just have to breakdown and get this jojoba stuff
smile.gif

Like Supergirl, I alternate between jojoba oil and Profectiv breakfree to moisturise my hair and I really like the softness and sheen I get from the jojoba oil.

So do you ladies think that jojoba oil alone is enough?
So do you use a water-based moisturizer and then seal it with jojoba oil?

Supergirl ...

I tried HHIAB moisture spray, and while it works just fine on my hair, I can not tolerate the smell. Would mixing distilled water + glycerine + jojoba oil do the same thing? How much of each should be used, if you were using a 4 oz. bottle?

Also, would adding shea butter to the above mixture affect the jojoba's ability to penetrate the hair?

Ballet Bun ...
driver.gif

Denali,

Yes, jojoba oil alone is enough. I did this for years before Profectiv was even thought of.

I have not yet invested in Jojoba Oil...I will have to do that sometime this year! thanks for the info!

Jojoba oil is great for the ends. I bought a container (probably 4 ounces) from GNC for 4.99. It said it was pure and unrefined. I found it near the the counter.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Denali,

Yes, jojoba oil alone is enough. I did this for years before Profectiv was even thought of.

[/ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

Well, I bought some today and I LOVE IT! Thanks for the tips, SG!!

Back