Supergirl and Hairlove: I tried Kenra Moisturizing

Cleo

Conditioner. First, I washed with KeraCare First Lather, followed by my beloved KC detangling shampoo. Then I put the Kenra MC in my hair for 25-30 minutes with a plastic cap and proceeded to rinse. I must say that my hair felt great after I rinsed the conditioner out and I thought I was going to be in LOVE!!
grin.gif
I even told my husband (who is really happy when something works for my hair so he does not have to hear my sob story
smirk.gif
) that I was excited.

Anyway, after I got out of the shower, I sprayed my hair with Biolage Leave-In Tonic and detangled my hair. My strands felt slightly coated but I continued nevertheless to blow dry on medium. When I finished I was kind of puzzled because I wasn't certain which product caused my hair to feel coated.
frown.gif
I'm inclined to think it was the Leave-In since my hair felt pretty good after rinsing the conditioner. I guess I'll have to try again in a few days w/o the leave-in. I was so anxious to leave a rave for this product after hearing how much you guys liked it. How long do you ladies typically leave the Kenra MC in?

Re: Supergirl and Hairlove: I tried Kenra Moisturi

I haven't ever left the Kenra Moisturizing in very long. However, when I do use it--I do use the Kenra Leave-In. If you really want to know how a conditioner works, then don't use a leave-in or any other products after you rinse it out. Judge by how your hair feels/looks when it's dried. I've done this for my last two shampoos and I am liking the results I get with no leave-in. Leave-ins are pretty much made in a way that they will coat the hair because they only stay on the surface of the hair. The Biolage leave-in does contain one silicone ingredient too.

Thanks Supergirl, I will try again on Thurdsay night. I will probably use my H-two leave-in this time. Leave-Ins are essential for me since I blowdry every 7-8 days with my ion dryer. I'll let you know how it goes.
I have great results when I use Humecto and then use H-two as my leave-in so if Kenra works well with it, I'll be happy. You get more for your money with the Kenra. Humecto is $10.00 for 8oz.

That should work better. H-Two is the exact same as the Kenra Leave-In (Daily provision) with the exception of one ingredient on each product --which are probably just synonyms
smile.gif

I never experienced any coating but then again, I don't blowdry my hair afterwards. I am sure Supergirl knows better than I and she already replied!
smile.gif

I have been singing the praises of this conditioner for over a year, and it has done wonders for my natural hair as well. I basically use it as a deep conditioner, and sometimes a leave-in or rinse out. For deep conditioning I apply it and put on a cap for about an hour and then detangle while it is in, and then rinse. My hair is so manageable when I do it this way. Also for a leave-in I just use a little in my hair. My hair never feels coated either. But when I use this as a deep conditioner, I don't have to use much a leave-in, because it really does the job.

I've found that it's really easy to comb through with the kenra conditioner!

I agree Hairlove, my strands were moist and detangled after I rinsed the conditioner out. It smells amazing as well ... I can't wait to give it another go on Thursday.
smile.gif

I agree. I found this to be my "savior" when I was well into my last re-touch.

I tried the Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner last night. I am undecided on the shampoo. I think I prefer the Elucence and Keracare shampoos over this one. However, I will be getting a relaxer next week. So, I will try this one again on freshly relaxed hair.

The Kenra conditioner was pretty good. I didn't have to leave it in my hair for 15 minutes like the Humecto. So, this is a good alternative to the Humecto.

Thanks for the recommendations! I will also try the Biolage and post my results.

MissB

MissB, I'll probably do the same thing ...alternate Humecto with Kenra. The Kenra is more cost effective, but I have been a long time fan of KeraCare products. I'm glad you like the KeraCare shampoo
wink.gif
, that is one of my staples (I LOVE it) and it's economical which is why I didn't bother trying Kenra's shampoo

Hairlove, have you ever used KeraCare's shampoo and conditioner?

Thanks, Cleo...

No, I haven't used KeraCare...is it similar to Kenra? How much?

Well, I've never tried the Kenra shampoo because I'm in love with KeraCare's detangling shampoo. No other shampoo compares, on a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 20, that's how much I really like it. Adrienne loves it too. The Humecto is great, but I was looking for something that wasn't as expensive, so I tried Kenra. Kenra is $24 for 33oz and Humecto $10 for 8oz. I tried Kenra again last night, but I'm still undecided as to which I like better. I'll likely just alternate the two. ...But I would urge you to try Humecto because it works well and it may give you an alternative to Kenra if you ever need one
wink.gif

Back