SUPER UPSET! Scissor Happy Stylist Big Chopped My New Growth!

PersuasiveBeauty

Hi everyone I'm new here. I'm upset right now because I went to my hair stylist to have her chop off my relaxed ends. Instead of chopping off JUST my relaxed ends, she chopped off quite a bit of new my growth as well, insisting that my hair was uneven. I'm still in a bit of shock right now because this was not what I expected and now I am lingering between wearing my hair very low like this (it's not even a twa yet) or rocking a wig. (My hair is not long enough for micros, cornrows, a half wig, etc.)

Hey PersuasiveBeauty. Sorry about what happened. Do you have a picture you can post??
You may have to rock a wig until it gets to a particular length to where you can do something to it.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about this OP. I'm certain you will figure out what to do after you get over the initial shock.:look:

I'm sorry to hear this. :( I know how you feel though. I've twice had stylists cut off way more hair than I intended them to (like 5-7 inches each time). But with time and patience you will reach your goals and regain the lost length. :hug:

Big hugs. That is why I haven't gone to a stylist to BC. Oddly enough, I had a dream last night that exactly this happened to me. I was NOT happy! The light at the end of the tunnel is that it grows and it will grow and you'll get your length back--and it will be even, which is not a bad thing at all. HHG!

How many months post were you? What is your hair texture? It's not always easy to tell exactly where the line of demarcation is.

When my sis did my bc and chopped too much I rocked 2 strands I hate them now at my length but back then they'd curl up and with some ear rings they'd be HOT
Or a few in rotation is cool too. Just use a durag instead of that tight wig cap

Back