Super Frustrated (vent)

Rnjones

Soooooo I basically just spent the last 4+ hours prepping and relaxing my hair for nothing.

This is the third time I used Linange lye relaxer after 15+ years of no lye. Up to this point I haven't had any issues except getting used to not being bone straight but straight enough to continue using lye.

So I proceed to do everything as I normally do. I had some left over relaxer from the last session, so I used that for the front half (used half/half method) and it went as usual. I opened the new jar of relaxer that I ordered and noticed right away that the color was a little different. I double checked to make sure that the jars were the same, and they are completely identical. So I apply the relaxer to the back, and I am moving fast because I started tingling after 10 mins on the front half. Fast forward 15 mins into application, there is barely any tingling and as I go through each section to smooth, I notice that there was still quite a bit of texture. So a little worried at that point, I keep workin that bad boy in. At 25 mins in, the same thing. I finally rinsed at 28 mins, even though I prolly could have went another 25, that's how little I was burning.

Now i am sitting here with what seems like half a relaxed head. I don't mind a little texture, but the back of my head barely feels texturized, The curl pattern is slightly looser but a whole different texture than the front which is straight.

How long do I have to wait to do a corrective (never done before) and do you think I should try a different brand?

p.s. the newest jar of relaxer was ordered from a different website than the old jar.

I'm sorry that happened! :(

Wait at least 2-4 weeks. And do deep treatments leading up to reprocessing.

Did u check the date on the relaxer?

I'm sorry that happened! :( Wait at least 2-4 weeks. And do deep treatments leading up to reprocessing. Did u check the date on the relaxer?

Thanks. I looked at both jars and I don't see a date on either one.

I emailed both the company I ordered from and the company that makes the product, so we will see what kind of crap they try to feed me

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My corrective was done professionally at 6 weeks. She applied relaxer to the under processed areas about 5 mins before washing.

Back