Sunsilk Products

seraphim712

I keep hearing raves about this products, and I've been contemplating whether to purchase it or not. Can someone who uses this give a helpful review about this and which type of Sunsilk product to use? I have 3b/4a hair that's really thick and curls up in to spirals when I wet it. Any suggestions?

BUMPING!

also is there a different between the sunsilk i see in my BSS with the spanish directions versus the one in my local CVS with the english directions? They are in different looking packaging too. :perplexed

BUMPING!

also is there a different between the sunsilk i see in my BSS with the spanish directions versus the one in my local CVS with the english directions? They are in different looking packaging too. :perplexed

At first I thought it was an Indian product based off the commercials on youtube for Indian hair products. It was in a different package too.

sunsilk products doesn't really have good ingredients and they have a lot of alcohol in them I wouldn't recommend them.

I luv these products! I starting using them after seeing them here. I use the purple bottle(smooth down I think) and the hydra TLC I mainly use them when I air dry and my hair luvs them! My hair comes out so smooth and frizzless and you can't beat the price tag! like 3-4 bucks. I luv it:lick:

It depends on the look you are going for!

The one for curly hair works wonders for me and I've even converted two of my friends to use it. The leave in creme works wonders too!!

The silky and straight shampoo and conditioner are good too and makes straightening my hair just that little bit easier

I tried a couple of times and my hair did not likey.I gave it away to a friend at work. I tried the deFrizz but not saying that its bad or anything. My hair just did not like it.

I have the hydra TLC 24/7 creme and that worked wonders for ym extra dry hair. I also have the conditioner and that one was great too! I mean they pretty cheap so if you're looking for a conditioner, I say go ahead and try them

The pink Hydra TLC leave in is one of my staples. I don't like the Hydra masque or the rinse out conditioners as they make my hair dry, provides no moisture and don't provide any slip.

I also like the lime green Anti-Esponja (the products that are in Spanish). I like the leave-in and rinse out conditioners. They are very thick and rich.

ETA...I'm natural and my hair prefers heavy products and in my opinion the pink and green leave ins that I mentioned are on the heavy side.

My mom is newly relaxed and even though she likes the hydra leave in, she's finding it to be a little heavy for her bone straight hair.

Last edited:
I keep hearing raves about this products, and I've been contemplating whether to purchase it or not. Can someone who uses this give a helpful review about this and which type of Sunsilk product to use? I have 3b/4a hair that's really thick and curls up in to spirals when I wet it. Any suggestions?

For curl definition, I don't know what you would use. As a leave-in I mix the pink bottled one with castor oil and it works really well and it's only like $2

Sunsilk replaced thermasilk. I was none to happy about their therma conditioner (sunsilk version). I had to get one of our cousins in New York to send me 30 discontinued bottles before they disappeared forever. Shelf life is 3 years (according to their customer service) so I'm good for a few years at least until I can find a replacement.

Not all alcohols are bad alcohols, I heard somewhere on this form.

The sunsilk leave in creams are staples for me. I like the Hydra TLC(pink) and the one for straightening (purple). I also like the conditioner in the pink and green bottles.

Does anyone use any of their masque?

I did. I used the hydra tlc mask and was not impressed.

I use the anti poof leave in 24/7 creme ( blue bottle ) all the time though with great results.

I tried the hydra tlc and straighten up 24/7 creme and did not like them as much. Walgreens had them on sale for a $1.

If anybody wants them , they can have them . They are about 90% full. Just PM me.

I have the whole hydra tlc line but have only used the leave in. I love it for dryness when I get close to relaxer time.

If you like these products, there is a great sale at CVS this week for coupon clippers.

The products are marked down to 3.33. There are $2 off coupons floating. Some stores have double sets of conditioner or shampoo wrapped as a buy one get one free set, so that you can get 2 products for $1.33. A lot of CVS stores also have $1.00 peel off coupons on the Sunsilk products.

If you're a serious CVS shopper, there are $2 off $10 CVS coupons all over the internet and other great ways to stack this deal this week. There is a $5.29 sale on Energizer batteries and an internet coupon for $5 off the batteries, plus a $1 mfr. coupon the batteries. You're now up to $8.62 with the Sunsilk product. Add $1.38 worth of stuff (maybe an ORS Replenishing Pack) and the whole thing is $1 or $2.

$5 Energizer coupon
$1 Energizer coupon
$2 CVS coupon
$1 or $2 Sunsilk coupon

Back