Sunsilk Anti-Esponja

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
300.jpg
300.jpg

I read somewhere that Sunsilk is the American version of Sedal, so I picked these two up at Wal-Mart today because I've been experiencing some spongy hair issues. Has anyone tried this? How different is this from the original Sedal anti-sponge?

misscrystal said:
300.jpg
300.jpg

I read somewhere that Sunsilk is the American version of Sedal, so I picked these two up at Wal-Mart today because I've been experiencing some spongy hair issues. Has anyone tried this? How different is this from the original Sedal anti-sponge?

I purchased sunsilk de-frizz and thought i wqs getting the equivalent to the anti-sponge... i'm slightly peeved now!

Miss crystal would you mind posting the ingredients to the 24/7 creme??/ I just used the de-frizz as a leave in and im under th dryer now.

Hmmm... they didn't have this one at Target.

Miss Crystal,

Here are the ingredients requested: (from drugstore.com)

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, DMDM Hydantoin, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Arginine HCl, Iodopropynyl, Butylcarbamate, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Ethoxydiglycol, Butylene Glycol, Persea Gratissima Fruit Extract (Avocado), Ascrorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Green 3 (CI 42053)

Dist.

thanks supergirl! Those ingredients are not even similiar to the de-frizz creme. I tried the de frizz last night and really liked it s my urge to try the anti espnja has been curbed for now.

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed the exact same product as the Sedal Anti-Sponge? Anyone who has tried both?

I don't think it's exactly the same as Sedal. Sedal has petrolatum in it and the American one doesn't. So maybe it's better for your hair? I just bought the whole Sunsilk Hydra TLC today and the 24/7 creme is AMAZING! I like it even better than NTM! Oh, and I think anti-sponge has something to do with helping your hair hold in moisture. I'm not sure because I haven't used it yet. PJism and all so i haven't gotten to it yet.:lol:

Correction: It does have petrolatum in it. Nevermind!

anti spongifying keeps hair from going puffy when their is a lot of moisture in the air. My hair absorbs the water like a sponge and loses all shape and style. It looks like one frizzy mass.

I have both and am stilll testinhg it out, I'm using it on wet hair right now. I'll see tomorrow if my frizz has melted away, though I think my hair's acting a little funny since I don't think the Sedal has been working it's magic quite as well... But we shall see!

ETA: The ingredients are very similar if not the same though! I need to get a magnifying glass to read the Sedal though!

Last edited:
Back