Summer Summer Summer Time..... Hair Do's

AMAKA127

Sooo summer time is right around the corner and I know that I still have some bad ends that I want to get rid of. I was considering cutting my hair into a bob (not a short short bob), but one at a relatively good length then weave it up for the rest of the summer. Summer is a good growing season for me, so I think this would be good.

Do you all have any hair styles, cuts, colors that you might be going for summer of 2010??

Only thing I plan to do for the summer other than Bunning is to get a few pony tails and wear those. I also am going to invest in some soft satin rollers to do a nice body wave and that is all. Not going to be doing too much to it.

I like to wear my hear out as often as possible. Because it won't be rubbing against my clothes. But when it gets hot in ny it gets hot. So I'll be using alotta banana clips and headbands for my messy buns!

OMG Yess ... it get very hot in MD as well! I spiral curled a lot last summer. I would have to redo them every 4-5 days cuz of my hair would drop in that heat ..... I'm excited for this summer tho ....ooo the possibilities :)

Im a big fan of wet n wavy sew in in the summer since u can wet them everyday if u want and not freeze to death. So I'll probably get some halleys curls relxed miami wave shortly and leave tht in fo 2 months or so during the summer

I love wavy hair when I get sew in's. This summer after I cut my hair i think im gona get some curly hair ..... from this website called indivahair.com .... you should check it out .... you might really like the hair!

i like wearing my hair down in the summer too but yes sometimes it gets too hot in the city.. :) so i'll be doing air dried buns more often, getting blow outs from my stylist when i feel like it... and maybe braids again for part of the summer.

i will probably roller set a lot less.

the thought of getting a long bob has entered my mind. like the length of zoe saldana's here:

zoe-saldana-avatar-premiere.jpg

of course that would be a big step for me with my BSB hair... and would limit some options with wearing fuller looking buns...

we shall see....

In addition to daily cowashing, I will probably be styling my hair using - wash and gos, ponytails, and buns! I doubt very seriously that I will be wearing my hair straight.

Right now I'm thinking buns and bantu knots.... but I might be getting my hair braided at some point if I can commit to the idea.

Braid outs and ponytails will be my thing. Maybe the occasional wet bun to help me with the heat will be added. I will be in the middle of another 15-17 week stretch; so, no straight styles.

i'm thinking bobraz or some curly indian hair...so i can WNG to my heart's content without having to worry about all the manipulation.

the dry heat in new mexico is no joke so to facilitate that and lots of swimming im gonna be mini braiding this summer.

Im a big fan of wet n wavy sew in in the summer since u can wet them everyday if u want and not freeze to death. So I'll probably get some halleys curls relxed miami wave shortly and leave tht in fo 2 months or so during the summer

YAZZ!! I'm soo getting this hair for my summertime weave. I'm still going strong in this weave it up challenge so I will definitely be in a sew in. My friend had this hair and it looks great curly and she was able to straighten it too :yep:

i'm thinking bobraz or some curly indian hair...so i can WNG to my heart's content without having to worry about all the manipulation.

Girl I've been waitin for you to get a sew in! I know I gave you my weaveologists info a while ago...what u waitin for?? :grin:

It gets HOT in Alabama during the summer...too hot to make keep me from doing anything special to my hair (like straightening it). So I will be in braids/twists for the duration of the summer. During my 2 week breaks in between braiding, I will keep my hair in a bun.

this will be my first summer with LHCF so it will be exciting,
ill be protective styling alot, i want to retain as much length as possible.
And i need a good protective style for the week im spending in Dominican with my SO. Something that can get wet and is easy to wash. im thinking cornrows braided into a low bun. ??

I am now going to go look for a nice Afro and Coily phony pony/up-do piece for the summer. I could rock that comfortably all summer long :D

Back