Suggestions for THICKER hair????

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
frown.gif
My hair has thinned since I took Accutane for acne several months ago...I was wondering if anyone knew any products that would thicken hair or if there's a way to take care of my hair to promote thickness?
confused.gif
I've been taking vitamins and using advice from several LHCF members...PLEASE HELP! I'm tired of having bone straight hair after a relaxer
shocked.gif

A few suggestions: B-5 helps thicken the new hair that comes in. The common dosage seems to be 1000mgs a day in split dosage (500mg am, 500mg pm). Also I would suggest trying a gentler relaxer and leaving it on for a shorter period of time. This way there's some wave left to the hair which allows it to maintain some of it's natural thickness.

For an immediate fix, I would suggest using a thickening conditioner and a leave in. nexus headress is a great thickening leave-in. Also airdrying your hair will leave it looking thicker. hth

Hey, thanks for the advice...yesterday, I airdried my hair (I was trying out the braid outs style) and it did thicken my hair
smile.gif

I agree with everything Armyqt said.
You may also consider drinking carrot juice daily (there is a carrot juice challenge right now). It has thickened my hair in the past (could be because it has vitamin B5)as well as the hair of others.
smile.gif

I'm all for scalp massages w/ castor oil! Worked for me after I shed like a beast after I stopped taking birth control pills (after nearly ten years of doing so).

I have been using Jason Biotin Shampoo, which I noticed is doing some good. Wild Growth Hair Oil is good for thickening the hair and I also have been taking a Food Dietary Supplement with Biotin. hth

I would like to find out more about this carrot juice. What kind is best to use? Organic? Can you get it at the grocery store or a health food store?

HI, I agree with all the above suggestions. I just read a book called curly girl and it offered this quick tip maybe it may help you. In a old jar or in a container cut up 1 potatoe and fill it with H20, let it sit in fridge overnight (preferably with a cap or a cloth to cover it), the next day, pour the "potatoe water" in a spray bottle, use this when you need your hair to look thicker or have a little more volume. And if you want you can cook the left over potatoes for dinner!
wink.gif

Back