Suggestions For At Home Stylist

irisak

Ok so I want to throw my hat in the ring and start doing hair. I'll be a kitchen beautician for now but do plan on going to cosmetology school as soon as I get my money right. Can you guys give me input on my ad? Are there any other places you know of where I can advertise? I have to build a whole new clientele but I know my LHCF sisters can help me brainstorm.

Mods: please let me know if this post should be moved.

Screenshot_2017-11-16-12-43-58.png Screenshot_2017-11-16-12-44-05.png

Just post pics of your work.. they will come. Don’t advertise like it’s a business. Your pics will do all of the talking for you. Also back in the day, I have gotten my hair braided by kitchen beauticians by word of mouth or referral. Girl comes to work with her hair looking nice, people asked who did it, she gave the number.

It sounds illegal so be careful with your advertising and taxes. Get familiar with the laws in your state/city so you'll know what penalties you may be up against.

Will you be doing any chemical services?
Right! No chemicals and have them to buy their own hair and products.

I do hair at home, but I’m licensed. However I get the majority of my clientele via word of mouth, plus my clients from the salon I use to work at. I would have to also mention if you keep your hair looking nice people will approach you asking you who does your hair.

I work a full-time job, so I usually decline taking on new clients. But my clients are always trying to refer someone.

Good luck!

Btw: if you’re planning on washing hair in your home, please get a hair catcher!!!

Back