SUDDEN URGE TO BC

theeREALmccoy

Soooo my last relaxer was in January...Washed my hair this morning and was attempting to do a rollerset. Yeaaaa that's not happening :lachen: lol

I am so ready to chop these relaxed ends off bc I can't cornrow or flat twist...my bantu knot outs are kinda cute but they only last two days...and i don't wanna flat iron and get heat damage....I just don't wanna deal with the two textures anymore! Not to mention I deep conditioned overnight last nite and my curls were POPPING so deliciously....

NOWWW yall are probably like...JUST CUT IT ALREADY! :grin: lol but my hesitation is that 1) I've always had shoulder length-ish hairand I'm terrified of the idea of short hair!!! ...and 2) my hair grows uneven...so I have about 3 inches of new growth in some places..other places only have about an inch and some places have almost 4 inches. WTF!!! If i chop it will probably be uneven and have to be SUPER short! :perplexed

IM SO TORN! I just felt like I needed to vent HERE bc i talked to a couple of my friends (who are extremely uneducated about hair care) and they were like "Guhhhhh dont cut ur hair, its so long & pretty!) :ohwell: It is not long IMO or pretty with half of my hair in curls and the other half limp and dead.

UGHHHH!!!!!! *screams*

Ok. #imdone! lol

I had the same issue when i was trying to transition. I couldnt deal with the two textures. Simple styles took forever. I say just do it. my hair grows uneven to but the thing about kinky/curly hair is that things like that are pretty easy to hide. So just do it already :poke:

well you have enough new growth to do styles like braids or cornrows. if its your front or your sides that are shorter you can cornrow a frohawk. or your can do little braid outs or twist outs. thats what my friend does to hide the different lengths and textures.

You can't find someone to cornrow for you or put in kinky twists or single braids with extensions? That's I would do and wait to get a little more length. Or go ahead and bc and wear wigs similiar to your current hair until it grows out long enough.

That's the way I felt the day I BC'd. Then I chopped off a straight section at the nape to see what my curls were like....and it was over after that. Snip snip!

Girl, you better get on youtube and figure out how to braid your hair! I learned out of necessity....I couldn't do it and my sister was looking a HAM because my cousin would conveniently be "busy" when my sis needed her braids redone....now I know how to cornrow, box braid, do kinky twists, all that. Get two packs of $2 hair and some videos, you'll be ok.

Buy a wig. It will cover up a multitude of hair sins. :gorgeous::giggle: I can't braid or cornrow either.:nono: I am determined to learn.:yep:

I'm going to chime and say that you should try your hand at flat twisting if you can't cornrow. That's a bit easier.

I know how to make a french braid, but I can't cornrow over (yet). I've learned how to flat twist, though. I did a style yesterday after a lot of effort. It looks okay and I can walk out the house... Probably won't last more than a week though :ohwell:, but I know that the more I do/redo them, they will get better in time.

Back