Successful Texturizers

LuxeDoll

Successful Texturizer :) (pics)

After lurking on a thread regarding texturizing, I went ahead and bit the bullet. Coming out of wearing extensions for 2 years after my big chop I finally wanted to wear my natural hair out, but I just couldn't take the shrinkage and excessive styling time. :nono: I forgot the member's name who suggested the method of only using half of the activator, but I tried it and it worked :yawn: Genius!

Used a regular strength relaxer, added in a little less than half of the activator solution. No overprocessing, no straight pieces, hair is still completely curly at the ends. It literally came out perfect. I was afraid of getting a stringy/wavy result that I've seen happen with some texturizing and texlaxing, but my hair is still very curly.

I did one side of my head at a time for better control/even results. I suggest this so you don't have to worry about one side processing faster than the other. Do a side, rinse it with the neutralizer, pin it up and do the other side. I also started in the middle of my hair where it's the curliest to allow enough time to process, and left the looser parts for last.
I followed with Aphogee Reconstructor and Aussie 3 Minute Moist.

I am (or was) a 3C I believe? Not really into hair typing, but whatever I am, It loosened me up beautifully...no more shrinkage :) I'm able to wear wash n' go's with a sealer and a little styler scrunched in. No shingling, no time consuming methods. Just scrunch and air dry!

Anywho, was so overjoyed with the results thought I'd share. Pics below. One is hair freshly co-washed, the ponytail is hair fully dry, and the others are slightly damp/airdrying.

Attachments

• IMG_3008.jpg
    IMG_3008.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3492.jpg
    IMG_3492.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_6038.jpg
    IMG_6038.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_4073.jpg
    IMG_4073.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
After lurking on a thread regarding texturizing, I went ahead and bit the bullet. Coming out of wearing extensions for 2 years after my big chop I finally wanted to wear my natural hair out, but I just couldn't take the shrinkage and excessive styling time. :nono: I forgot the member's name who suggested the method of only using half of the activator, but I tried it and it worked :yawn: Genius! Used a regular strength relaxer, added in a little less than half of the activator solution. No overprocessing, no straight pieces, hair is still completely curly at the ends. It literally came out perfect. I was afraid of getting a stringy/wavy result that I've seen happen with some texturizing and texlaxing, but my hair is still very curly. I did one side of my head at a time for better control/even results. I suggest this so you don't have to worry about one side processing faster than the other. Do a side, rinse it with the neutralizer, pin it up and do the other side. I also started in the middle of my hair where it's the curliest to allow enough time to process, and left the looser parts for last. I followed with Aphogee Reconstructor and Aussie 3 Minute Moist. I am (or was) a 3C I believe? Not really into hair typing, but whatever I am, It loosened me up beautifully...no more shrinkage :) I'm able to wear wash n' go's with a sealer and a little styler scrunched in. No shingling, no time consuming methods. Just scrunch and air dry! Anywho, was so overjoyed with the results thought I'd share. Pics below. One is hair freshly co-washed, the ponytail is hair fully dry, and the others are slightly damp/airdrying.

Lovely results. Can you post a link to this texturizer thread you're referring to pleas? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Your hair turned out beautifully!! What's the name of the relaxer that you used OP, and do you have any before pics??

Your hair turned out beautifully!! What's the name of the relaxer that you used OP, and do you have any before pics??

Thanks! It was the Motions Silkening Shine in Regular. I wish I did :nono: My hair when dried was a little above my shoulders before, and now it hangs 1 inch below my shoulders, just to give you an idea. It loosened me up a few inches.

Well I searched high and low, lol, and my husband actually had a picture. Not a great one, but enough to see the difference. On the left you can see what I was saying about it dried above my shoulders, and I had a good amount of frizz on top so I kind of had a curly fro.. which I actually liked but detangling, etc. was a nightmare. On the right of course is after.

Attachments

• IMG_1991.jpg
    IMG_1991.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 77
Back