Successful airdrying attempt (new pics)

Nanyanika

I thought i'd share this with you all. Last night I shampooed my hair with CON and used Affrim reconstructor for 30 minutes because i was having shedding and breakage issues. I followed this up with a homemade receipe i did when i was natural, it gave me so much slip, and detangling/moisturising action, but i only tried it once, well i decided to give it another go since i ran out of all my other fav conditioners. here's the receipe:

Deep moisturising/detangling treatment

Ingredients: you will need

Lekair cholesterol strengthening and conditioning cream (peach)
Can of Coconut milk
1-2 beaten Eggs

In a mixing bowl pour 20oz tub of Lekair, followed by half a can of coconut milk and 1-2 beaten eggs, mix with a wooden spoon until the egg/ coconut milk disappears into the mixture, you should be left with a light paste, I apply it to freshly wet cleaned hair then coat an ample amount from roots to tips, I cover with a plastic conditioning cap for up to 1 hour.

the results were excellent, the comb managed to glide through my tangles with ease, it was soft to touch and had a healthy shine to it best of all it was very moisturising, not hard feeling like other conditioners had left my hair. you ladies aren't going to like what i say. i like it better than elucence and keracare, there i said it, now i'm gonna hide before y'all start cussing me.. I applied some Arosci leave in, followed by castor/coconut oil mix, then i sprayed with s-curl, the hair was parted in four, and my niece did some two strand twists, then pinnned them up, tucking the ends away. and these are the results this morning, of course its more shinier as i added oil to my hair last night, but my hair is smoother and softer, than when i usually airdry it. i think i've mastered air-drying my hair to a softer texture. For those of you who battle with tangles this receipe is definately a winner, give it go, i'm almost 100% certain it will help.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery...1253&members=1&galleryPassword=my.r1ptM8wi5I&
Album name: texturizer touch-up results
pwd: myhair

Last edited:
Looks like a winner Den! I just tried the LeKAir w/olive oil last night. Good stuff. I'll have to try adding the extras.

Yep, i'm going to keep up this method, i hope it works well the next time i try too. Crrie, what's the lekair with EVVO like?

Den, I look a wreck when I air-dry, but you really make me want to try. You have gorgeous hair :)

Den your hair looks Marvelous! I'm glad you had good efforts self relaxing, sometimes if you want something done right you gotta do it yourself! And you did a wonderful job! Your hair is beautiful! I'm taking it now that you aren't gonna fully relax?

Your air-dried hair looks smashing, Den! I wish my hair looked that pretty when air-dried (mostly, these days, it just looks big). I'd like to try your method out. Thanks for sharing!

I agree. Your hair looks so soft. I will have to try this concoction to condition. I really need the extra moisture during these dry, harsh winters.

Sorry for replying so late, i've just returned from JA today, so did you try this technique in the end, if yes tell me what you thought of it, thanks again for the compliments.

dreemssold said:
Wow...maybe I'll give it a whirl this weekend...:scratchchin:. It sounds great and you hair looks supersoft, den--thanks!

Last edited:
Webby give it try, see how it works for you. thanks
webby said:
Den, I look a wreck when I air-dry, but you really make me want to try. You have gorgeous hair :)

Last edited:
Hi Alli, i'm pleased to declare that i will not be relaxing my hair any furthur than texturizing.
Alli77 said:
Den your hair looks Marvelous! I'm glad you had good efforts self relaxing, sometimes if you want something done right you gotta do it yourself! And you did a wonderful job! Your hair is beautiful! I'm taking it now that you aren't gonna fully relax?

Last edited:
Your hair looks amazing, Den. I :love: it. I'll have to try out your recipe. It sounds like a keeper!

Hi Tai, how's it going girl? i must admitt your hair looks soo beautiful, if you give the method a try please let me know whether you like it or not, thanks again for the positive words.

Den, I love Lekair Cholesterol Strengthening and Conditioning Cream (peach)!!! I only use the peach it smells good!

I going to have to try that coconut milk and egg mixture!

DITTO, i love the peach one too, i didn't like the green one as it made my hair hard, due to the keratin. I hope you do try this new mixture.

tru_mind said:
Den, I love Lekair Cholesterol Strengthening and Conditioning Cream (peach)!!! I only use the peach it smells good!

I going to have to try that coconut milk and egg mixture!

den1 said:
Sorry for replying so late, i've just returned from JA today, so did you try this technique in the end, if yes tell me what you thought of it, thanks again for the compliments.

I am just seeing this. Welcome back :)! Yes, I tried it, and I LOVED it. I keep meaning to pick up more coconut milk so I can do it again, too. Thanks again, den :up:!

dreemssold said:
I am just seeing this. Welcome back :)! Yes, I tried it, and I LOVED it. I keep meaning to pick up more coconut milk so I can do it again, too. Thanks again, den :up:!

That's great!!! I'm really happy you enjoyed the results. i'll be doing my next treatment in a few days, so i hope i get the same brilliant softness and shine once again.

Back