Substitute for BBD stretch?

Aubergold

Is there ANY product out there that works in the same way as BBD stretch at all? I want to try it but I just can't cough up the money.
Any suggesstions?

RavenIvygurl said:
I'm gonna bump this agaaaaain.

I would like to know as well...that stuff is pretty pricey and my natural hair would soak it up quick Ill bet. I can hear it drnking up any product I put in it and then it disappears...:lol:

tishee said:
Ladies do you mind telling me how you used the BBD stretch?

thanks in advance,
tishee

I used mine as a deep conditioner with heat for 30 minutes, I also used it as a leave-in as well. It smelled so yummy and made my hair really soft.

I have read every single BBD and Miss Jessie's thread on this and other boards.

I have followed recipes and concocted mixtures only to conclude that there are no adequate substitutes. If I could make a comparable substitute, I'd set up a website and sell it myself.

Spend the money and apease your curiosity. If you don't like the product, swap it or use it to shave your legs.:look:

JCoily said:
I have read every single BBD and Miss Jessie's thread on this and other boards.

I have followed recipes and concocted mixtures only to conclude that there are no adequate substitutes. If I could make a comparable substitute, I'd set up a website and sell it myself.

Spend the money and apease your curiosity. If you don't like the product, swap it or use it to shave your legs.:look:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: OMG! You know u are a trip, right? THE DAY I used ANYTHING that costs 50 BUCKS to shave my legs please come and slap me.

I have not found a product that even comes close to my beloved stretch creme especially when use with the keala oil.

Last edited:
I don't know, I love my Stretch and it has lasted a year, so $50 bucks a year is not bad. I use it mostly as a leave in on dry hair (once or twice a week), a leave in and a deep conditioner (rarely, I use it as a leave in first).

LiqueXX said:
I don't know, I love my Stretch and it has lasted a year, so $50 bucks a year is not bad. I use it mostly as a leave in on dry hair (once or twice a week), a leave in and a deep conditioner (rarely, I use it as a leave in first).

I agree! It really does last a long time and my hair loves the stuff. I really don't think that there is anything comparable. It will definitely be a mainstay in my regime as long as they don't go messing with the formulation.

Soleado said:
I agree! It really does last a long time and my hair loves the stuff. I really don't think that there is anything comparable. It will definitely be a mainstay in my regime as long as they don't go messing with the formulation.

I'm with ya'll!

classimami713 said:
Bumping. I just got "suckered" into buying this from the BSS. It's supposed to be great for growth. We'll see!

It's great for growth as far as preventing your hair from breaking, therefore retaining your length. I will not make your hair grow.

No substitutes that I know of. I use it as a regular conditioner and leave in. It does wonders as far as shedding for me. I could be shedding clumps everywhere. As soon as I slap this stuff on my head it stops the shedding in its tracks.
The price stinks but It lasts for awhile.
Ill fork it over for the benefits anyday!

Exactly - it is $50 bucks, lasts a year and comes in a 16 oz container. You definitely get your money's worth. Can't be shortsighted on these types of things. But if your budget can't handle it - then one must find a less expensive alternative. There really isn't one so you have to just wrap your head around using a cheaper and different product and NOT expect the same great results.

LiqueXX said:

Back