Suave Tropical Coconut "naturals" has NEW FORMULA.....

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Suave Tropical Coconut-- has a NEW FORMULA

Old Formula:

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol; Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E Acetate]; Freesia Refracta (Freesia Refracta) Extract [Freesia Extract]; Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Barbadensis) Gel [Aloe Vera]; Cetrimonium Chloride; Fragrance (Parfum); Potassium Chloride; Distearyldimonium Chloride; Disodium EDTA; DMDM Hydantoin; Glycerin; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Propylene Glycol; Methylisothiazolinone, FD&C Blue No. 1 (Cl 42090), FD&C Green No. 3 (Cl 42053).

to

New Formula:

Water, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, lactic acid, potassium chloride, fragrance, disodium EDTA, PEG-150 distearate, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, propylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate [vitamin e acetate], silk amino acids, honey, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, rosemary leaf extract, coconut fruit extract

2-BROMO-2-NITROPROPANE-1,3-DIOL <--Preservative

light-red-big.gif
10 high hazard
54% data gap

Also listed as

BRONOPOL; 1,3-PROPANEDIOL, 2-BROMO-2-NITRO-; 2-BROMO-2-NITRO- 1,3-PROPANEDIOL; 1,3PROPANEDIOL, 2BROMO2NITRO; 2-BROMO-2-NITRO-1,3-PROPANEDIOL; 2-BROMO-2-NITROPROPAN-1,3-DIOL; 2-BRONOPOL; BETA-BROMO-BETA-NITROTRIMETHYLENEGLYCOL; BRONIDIOL; BRONOCOT; BRONOPOL

Given the incomplete information made available by companies and the government, EWG provides additional information on personal care product ingredients from the published scientific literature. The chart below indicates that research studies have found that exposure to this ingredient -- not the products containing it -- caused the indicated health effect(s) in the studies reviewed by Skin Deep researchers. Actual health risks, if any, will vary based on the level of exposure to the ingredient and individual susceptibility -- information not available in Skin Deep.
This ingredient:
x_off.gif
Cancer
x_on1.gif
Developmental/reproductive toxicity
x_on3.gif
Allergies/immunotoxicity
x_on2.gif
Use restrictions
x_on.gif
Contamination concerns - FORMALDEHYDE, NITROSAMINES
x_on3.gif
Other strong concerns for this ingredient:
Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Occupational hazards
x_on2.gif
Other moderate concerns for this ingredient:
Neurotoxicity
x_on1.gif
Lesser or emerging concerns for this ingredient:
Ecotoxicology
2-BROMO-2-NITROPROPANE-1,3-DIOL || Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Reviews
ANY REVIEWS?

Last edited:
It looks like they made it better. I am going to Pathmark today and I am going to purchase it to test it on my DD

I never really liked the original

Why are all the natural items mentioned at the bottom. Translation, not enough to even be bothered with it sounds like.

Would love to see reviews.

Did I miss something or is coconut not part of the ingredient list in the original formula? It looks like the natural ingredients were pushed to the bottom of the list while the synthetic ingredients moved up.

This *new* formula has been the same since I went natural in 2008! I saw a yt video on it, went across the street to the store and read the same exact ingredients as the *new* formula on the shelves. They have sort of redesigned the look of the label, but it's the same conditioner.

I purchased a bottle with an old label but with the NEW ingredients like 5 months back. Anyways...my hair still hates the stuff.

these ingredients give me a headache :( I have this one I don't think the last bottle i had was this formula but i'm not sure.

why is this called natural, maybe i should call suave.

I saw the new label and was concerned... I like the old Suave so I don't know why they would change it :perplexed

Back