Suave Milk and Honey Band Wagon(jumping off lol)

Irresistible

Ok after all the raves, i jumped on the wagon and bought it..now i know from past experiece any and all Suave conditioners have always been nothing to rave about for me, not bad, just nothing to rave about....

thank God its cheap, cause again , it was nothing to rave about , my hair just does not dig suave......i conditioner washed with it...i must admit it felt lovely goin in and rubbing it around but as usual on the rinse , just dry hair...felt like i just washed it with real shampoo.....did not feel conditioned at all.....

i give up.... my hair only likes the the thick creamy conditioners....i would use it again though...in place of shampoo
laugh.gif

It's funny you mentioned that because all of the other Suave conditioners I've used for my hair work the same way the Milk & Honey worked for you. It's waterey and it doesn't make my hair soft or easier to comb it. It may as well be used as a leave-in or something. But the Milk & Honey works great for my hair. It's thicker than the other Suave conditioners.

I tried the Milk and Honey conditioner as well. Didn't feel much different than the other Suave conditioners
ohwell.gif
. My hair is 4a/b and it tends to like the Suave Humectress, however. VO5 fruit and cream conditioners feel good too.

I think it works best when you spike it with something else. It does nothing for me on its own. It made my hair dry. But I am trying to use it up, so when I want to use it, I just spike it with coconut oil and surprise, surprise--no dryness. It feels nice going on the hair and hair feels great after being rinsed (and easy comb-out). I think when Supergirl originally reviewed it, she also used it in conjunction with something else (if I am not mistaken). On its own, for me, it is a thumbs down.

Why don't you try both
smile.gif
? I like the Suave Milk & Honey it's thicker than some of the other Suave conditioners and my hair does feel softened by it, I plan to try the VO5 honey & Almond too.

Gosh I hoped it works for me, I just bought some yesterday. Luckily I got it for 47 cents at Meijers.

I just bought and used the M&H last night and I really liked it. I did rinse with it and used it as a leave in though. To be honest, I haven't found 1 moisturizing conditioner that I haven't had to team up with some EVOO. For it to only cost .88 cent at my local WalMart, I will continue to use it as a leave in just because it smells so good, but it did make my hair soft (when left in). Hope you can find some use for it!!!

Re: Suave Milk and Honey Band Wagon(jumping off lo

I can tell its one of the better Sauve conditioners , while it was in my hair that is, it just did nothing for it once it was rinsed out.....just dryness, i guess i need heavy conditioning, even for a conditioner wash

no Suave conditioner has ever really got me or my hair happy over it though....

Ayanapooh turning the car around and heading back home!
driver.gif
LOL!!!

I was just about to by this today! I'm in Cali, and I forgot to bring my CO from home. I use Biolage the Detangler, but I didn't want to have to spend the $$$ while I'm away b/c I have 2 huge bottles at home. Maybe I'll go w/ the Aussie Slip then...
scratchchin.gif
For those whose hair doesn't like Suave, what are you using for CO washes???
confused.gif

lol its cheap enough for you to try it , you might like it, with no major cost loss if you dont....

my first love is CPR
smile.gif
this neva eva eva neva fails me. other times i use Queen Helene Cholesterol, or IC Deep penetrating conditoiner, i basically love the thick creamy rich conditioners that usually come in the tubs. i leave them in overnight, rinse , and im good to go, its clean and very well conditioned
smile.gif

Wow, I can't believe it. I just finished deep conditioning with it and my hair loves it
smile.gif

But I won't be trying to deep condition with the other suave conditioners any time soon! I couldn't believe that the milk and honey worked good as a deep conditioner in the first place.

The ingredients are really good imo. Nothing like the other suave conditioners.

Maybe some of those suave professionals conditioners are good as well.

This is why I haven't run out to buy the Milk and Honey either (not that I'm worried about wasting my money since it's so cheap!). Regular Suave conditioners just do nothing for me.

I ONLY use that as a leave in. And I mix it w/ jojoba oil. It's definantly not a deep conditioner, or even suitable for a CW. I carry some in a little bottle and rub it in my hair throughout the day when it feels a bit dry. People always compliment me on how good my hair smells when I use it, so I love the stuff.

I have used it in the past. It gives nice slip and softness for a little while. In a couple of hours though, my hair starts to dry and my ends become crispy. That is why I stopped using it. I gave mine away. I am not a big fan of Suave products.

I've stopped using it as much too. I think it's like a light protein conditioner. It does have milk protein in it. my hair cannot take a lot of protein no matter what kind of protein it is. The milk protein is moisturizing at first but I'm sure it's what's causing the dryness later.

Hi Irresistible, i feel the same way about the suave conditioners. I bought the milk & honey and the tropical coconut last week, and i have tried them both on different occassions, and it's nothing for me to rave about. I too find that the thick, creamy conditioners work best for my hair. Have you ever tried the Dove intense moisture conditioner? I have to try it again, but the first time i did, my hair was loving it. I want to confirm that it really does work for my hair before i post about it. It's a lot thicker than the suave conditioner and it made my hair very easy to detangle.

[ QUOTE ]
fancypants007 said:
Hi Irresistible, i feel the same way about the suave conditioners. I bought the milk & honey and the tropical coconut last week, and i have tried them both on different occassions, and it's nothing for me to rave about. I too find that the thick, creamy conditioners work best for my hair. Have you ever tried the Dove intense moisture conditioner? I have to try it again, but the first time i did, my hair was loving it. I want to confirm that it really does work for my hair before i post about it. It's a lot thicker than the suave conditioner and it made my hair very easy to detangle.

[/ QUOTE ] I havent tried the Dove yet......

maybe i will try that one next if its cheap too

Irrestibible, I just got free samples from Dove, so you might want to get the samples, before you make the actual purchase.

Interesting. I love Suave's Milk & Honey, Awapuhi, and Humectress conditioners. They really soften and detangle my hair. Whenever Im at Target or Walmart I stock up on those conditioners. My hair craves it. Im thinking about trying Kenra's condtioners as well.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
This is why I haven't run out to buy the Milk and Honey either (not that I'm worried about wasting my money since it's so cheap!). Regular Suave conditioners just do nothing for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said I wasn't going to try this but I did and it did nothing for me...I was really hopeful though!

yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

no me gusta! it did nothing for my hair. no slip. nothing. the smell is great, the price is wonderful, but in MY hair the product sucks. ah well. <<shrugs>>

This is interesting. I just purchased some and yes it is watery and no, it cannot compare to my Pantene Relaxed and Naturals,but it will do. To you ladies that use the Suave as a leave -in, is it okay to do this? I just tend to follow directions when they say wash out or leave in. Do you all think it is an ingredient in the conditioner that labels it as a wash out conditioner?

I use this stuff as a daily moisturizer with s-curl, ao gpb, and castor oil. It's great for me (softer hair, less breakage) though it does result in more frequent washing due to build-up.

Back