Stylists In Richmond

mzattitude

Hi

Does anyone know of any really good hairstylists in the Richmond, VA area that promote healthy hair. I am trying to get an appointment with Reniece in Rockville, MD, but that's taking forever to do.

I worked at Bubbles Salon in Short Pump Mall (weekends only because I also have a full time job) for a few years. When they closed their doors I converted my basement into a salon. But I kept most of my clients from Bubbles.

At the end of October, 3 of my clients (a mother and two daughters) are moving, so I figured I could take a few new clients.

I'm located in the city of Richmond. Here's a yelp review of when I was at Bubbles.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 6
I worked at Bubbles Salon in Short Pump Mall (weekends only because I also have a full time job) for a few years. When they closed their doors I converted my basement into a salon. But I kept most of my clients from Bubbles.

At the end of October, 3 of my clients (a mother and two daughters) are moving, so I figured I could take a few new clients.

I'm located in the city of Richmond. Here's a yelp review of when I was at Bubbles.
That is great. I've think I've seen the salon but haven't been to the mall in a while.

I don't go to the salon often but I will check back with you towards the end of the year to see if you have an opening for a trim.

Thanks

Christy's dominican salon is an awesome salon. They def know what they're doing with african american hair. They have many long haired clients. I went there for a wash dc flat iron and trim. The stylist that did my hair was super knowledgable about healthy hair care. She allowed me to bring my own dc and did a steam treatment for free. My hair came out amazing.

I hadn't trimmed in prob a yr or so when I went to her and she cut at most a quarter inch. She said my hair was very healthy and just needed to be evened up a bit. They have great prices too.

Here is the original post I did right after my visit.
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/christys-dominican-salon.705253/

Christy's dominican salon is an awesome salon. They def know what they're doing with african american hair. They have many long haired clients. I went there for a wash dc flat iron and trim. The stylist that did my hair was super knowledgable about healthy hair care. She allowed me to bring my own dc and did a steam treatment for free. My hair came out amazing.

I hadn't trimmed in prob a yr or so when I went to her and she cut at most a quarter inch. She said my hair was very healthy and just needed to be evened up a bit. They have great prices too.

Here is the original post I did right after my visit.
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/christys-dominican-salon.705253/

What did they comb your hair with? What shampoo did they use?

What did they comb your hair with? What shampoo did they use?
I'm not 100% sure what they shampooed with but I think it was some type of Mizani shampoo from what I remember of the bottle.

As far as combing she was super gentle. She took her time and used a wide tooth comb then dried with a vent round brush. I never felt like she treated my hair roughly at all. She also sectioned when she was detangling. She did one section from ear to ear maybe an inch thick. Combed gently, then used the vent brush to blow dry. She went through my whole hair that way.

I'm not 100% sure what they shampooed with but I think it was some type of Mizani shampoo from what I remember of the bottle.

As far as combing she was super gentle. She took her time and used a wide tooth comb then dried with a vent round brush. I never felt like she treated my hair roughly at all. She also sectioned when she was detangling. She did one section from ear to ear maybe an inch thick. Combed gently, then used the vent brush to blow dry. She went through my whole hair that way.
Thank you. That is good to know.

Back