Stylist Works Miracle On Moldy Locs

This mess is what made/makes me not like dreads at all. I cannot believe the stylist is touching her hair with bare hands. I would not want to touch her filthy hair. Yuck!

This mess is what made/makes me not like dreads at all. I cannot believe the stylist is touching her hair with bare hands. I would not want to touch her filthy hair. Yuck!

Dreads collect dirt no matter what you do. In the actual dread will be a ton of lent. You can't truly clean dreaded hair.

She is truly a miracle worker. So white folks don't wash their dreads?

That doesn't surprise me. A lot of people, not just white, still equate dreads with unkept hair.

That was nasty. It literally looked like a creature on her head, especially when her ponytail was taken out. She must not have a significant other or any useful friends if she didn't wash her hair for a year and a half. I couldn't image how angry my scalp would be if I didn't wash it for that long. It would probably leave and not come back - forget continuing to grow hair.

Dreads collect dirt no matter what you do. In the actual dread will be a ton of lent. You can't truly clean dreaded hair.
Not true. I've seen a few videos of people cutting their locks off and dissecting them after X amount of years and there was Very little lint or product. If you keep products to a minimum, tie your head up at night, and Clarify When needed that rarely happens.

The education on locs now vs several years ago (just like loose natural hair) is like night and day. A lot of people (myself included) were under the impression that you needed heavy products like beeswax, sheabutter, and thick gel to start locs and retwist ....along with not washing the hair because the dirt helps the loc'ing process. :confused:o_O

Those products trap lint, dirt, and excess water in the locs which creates the above situation....couple that with not washing your hair and voila.

I have a loose curl pattern and was still able to loc with out using any of the heavy products above and washing my hair twice a month. Albeit the process is taking awhile, it's coming along. I use rose water, salt water, and light oil ever so often. Lint is a negative. So I'm certain that my hair won't experience this issue.

Makes sense. Maybe my friend didn't keep hers clean.
I'm pretty sure she washed her hair but negated that with products she shouldn't have been using. You're right though once that stuff is stuck in there it's very rarely if ever washes out. ACV baking Soda washes with piping hot water have been shown to get that crap out of there. It's disgusting.

There's a lady called Yannie the Locologist that has a YouTube video of a lady with 10-years of buildup. I almost vomited she literally had tar black build up on thigh length locs. She had to come in for several visits to do the ACV washes. The before and after was crazy. I was for certain that lady would need to trim those nasty locs off. She saved her hair.

I'm pretty sure she washed her hair but negated that with products she shouldn't have been using.
You're right though once that stuff is stuck in there it's very rarely if ever washes out. ACV baking Soda washes with piping hot water have been shown to get that crap out of there. It's disgusting.

There's a lady called Yannie the Locologist that has a YouTube video of a lady with 10-years of buildup. I almost vomited she literally had tar black build up on thigh length locs. She had to come in for several visits to do the ACV washes. The before and after was crazy. I was for certain that lady would need to trim those nasty locs off. She saved her hair.

I watched the video....I was more bothered by the hair loss, tbh. I hope it grows back.

My question is, why have locs if you're not going to take care of them. What's the point?

A shaved head would be easier to maintain.

Watch her be back there in another year and a half with the same problem. Does anyone know why the ends were reattached? Was that the only way to redread her hair? After the wash there was only a couple dreaded parts on the bottom everything else seemed like loose hair. I would have enjoyed seeing a process but I guess she can't give up all her secrets.

I'm pretty sure she washed her hair but negated that with products she shouldn't have been using. You're right though once that stuff is stuck in there it's very rarely if ever washes out. ACV baking Soda washes with piping hot water have been shown to get that crap out of there. It's disgusting.

Now why you have me go look at that video. Lawwwd! And her hairline was pushed so far back.

giphy.gif

Back