Stylist overprocessed my hair

Hair4Care

My stylists have accidentally overprocessed my hair and now I dont know what to do to fix it. Oh my days I feel so cross:wallbash:, my armpit length hair feels fried.

I have cut off the nasty looking ends which did not actually needed cutting on my way into the salon. Two cuts in a row, *deep sigh*. The worst part is that I was thinking of doing my relaxer myself this time but changed my mind last minute. Didn't really wanted to deal with the 2 mths of thick new growth.

Pls help. What shoud I do, never been overprocessed before?

Hardcore Protein treatment ASAP! Nexxuss Emergencee, Aphoghee 2 step, something along those lines.

Follow up w/ moisture of course.

Then I'd continue tolight to moderate weekly protein treatments (based on the condition of your hair) until you're ready to do another Hardcore one. Still paying attention to moisture too though of course.

Low manipulation, no direct heat, bunning, and babying your hair and moisturizing it daily.

Sorry this happened to you. I'm supposed to get a touch-up this upcoming weekend. Guess I'll wait.

Oh and I also wanted to ask, how was she able to over process it? Did she leave it in too long, did she overlap, did she use an extra strength relaxer?

this happened to me and I put a weave in WORSE choice ever. My hair fell out even more. If it is unstyleable may be get a wig until you baby back to health.

oh thanks guys. I am going to get an half-wig, another one that is. I was actually thinking to do a protein treatment but was scare that it might brake off my hair because it seemed stiff already, but I guess I was wrong.

Well, my hair stylists put in the perm as usual and smooth it up in one pony tail and towards the end of the relaxing process smooth it to the end. My ends were covered with perm and i think it was a pink relaxer for sensitive scalp, but my ends all always accidentally covered with perm towards the end of each salon visit so I didnt really think much of it (bad, I knw). I usually used Organics no-lye for resistant hair. I think I will return to using this after 6 weeks as it made my hair look beautiful even when texlaxed.

This happened to me. December 2008. I lost 90% of my Hair.:nono:

Fortunately, you have LHCF to rely on. At the time of my 'distress' I didn't.:ohwell:

Thankfully, I do now and am trying to recover.:look:

As well as taking matters into my own hands, joining LHCF and definitely becoming a DIY'er.:grin:

A sty;ist combed mine through as well. I jumped out the chair and she washed it out but the damage was DONE. I'm slowly cutting relaxed ends now. I grew it out to APL then cut to what you see in siggy. And figure she knows about the hair boards etc...talking about healthy hair care....

Make sure to protect your ends with some conditioner, if you decide to visit her again. Like you stated she always put perm on the ends. In the long run, this is not healthy for the hair. She a stylist-you would think she would know that.

Make sure to protect your ends with some conditioner, if you decide to visit her again. Like you stated she always put perm on the ends. In the long run, this is not healthy for the hair. She a stylist-you would think she would know that.

I Posted this a little while back, Its called the Honey Shield by Mizani, You coat Your relaxed hair with this first, then You commence to do Your service, this actually protects Your already-relaxed hair form being processed again:

newmizani.jpg

ETA: I am not sure if You can interchange with another line, I personally don't think it would be a problem, but thats just My personal opinion, I'm sure You can email the company to see, but its just a coating protector, so I truly don't see the harm. Disclaimer: My Personal Opinion.

Last edited:
thanks guys for your support. I will definitely try this with the protein and coating my hair with the Mizani. I am so becoming a DIYer. I will just have to learn how to deal with my thick roots.

Back