Stylist left relaxer on for 30 min. Is this okay?

Should a relaxer be left on longer than the recommended time on the box?

• It's okay if your hair isn't bone straight.

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • Failure to follow timing directions always leads to damage.

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • I'm not sure but I'd rather play it safe and stay texlaxed

Votes: 17 22.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm relaxed and 30 mins is just too long IMO, I mean, hopefully she did a deep protein treatment, I have took chances myself with my hair, but I've been lucky so far, but 30 mins is too long. (IMO)

I had my stylist do a Aphogee 2-minute reconstructor protein treatment after rinsing out the relaxer and before neutralizing. She left the treatment on for 4 minutes. Well, maybe I'll just have her take it out after 20 minutes next time, just to be safe, but I still am not seeing any breakage or damage and it has been three weeks now. My hair is strong and still texlaxed everywhere except the edges.

Well, maybe 25 minutes. Eithor 20 or 25 I'll have to see the condition of my hair over the next three months of stretching. 30 may be a little on the risky side.

10 minutes seems way to short of time. That's like texlax. I think it's okay. Some people have more resistant hair than others.

I was actually trying to telax and leave it on for ten minutes. Plus, I put coconut oil in it and it stilll got bone straight.

You know, you are right some people do have more resistant textures. I hope everything works out.

I was actually trying to telax and leave it on for ten minutes. Plus, I put coconut oil in it and it stilll got bone straight.

You know, you are right some people do have more resistant textures. I hope everything works out.

I think it also depends on the relaxer you use and what you add to it. Even without adding conditioner to it, the ORS No Lye relaxer never got my hair bone straight.

My relaxers have been left on for way longer than that. No problems at all. Now if you do this every 5-6 weeks, could be a problem. The last time I self relaxed, I had to leave it on for like 40 minutes. No breakage, shedding, nothing...

Back