Style suggestions for humid weather!

*ElleB

Ladies I live in NYC and it is super humid here. Getting my hair blown out is a waste of time and money because it frizzes right back up again.

Any style suggestion to combat frizz?

I definitely feel you're pain when it comes to humidity. Last summer was the worst because I was majority natural but still flat ironed. If you could see some of my before and afters on the same humid day....

Anyway, I think that my solution is rod setting. I use the orange banded rods for a "curly sue" type look. It usually last at least 4 days, and humidity has less effect than if wearing a straight style. See my fotki for photos.

Other than the rods, braids have been the ONLY other style that has saved me from shaving my head in the humid summers.

HTH!

Any wash n' go style with anti-frizz leave ins will do. I know many people are anti-silicone but they work for me.

i hear you.... the humidity is messing with my roller sets... i typically wear my roller set hair up in a pretty bun and that does the job. once a week, i co wash and air dry my hair overnight. i wear a silk scarf to keep my roots nice and smooth, and i wear the length of my hair in 2 pigtails, and band the hair every few inches... it doesn't get my hair straight but it makes it more manageable in the morning. i always put my air dried hair in a high bun, and moisturize like crazy. coconut oil is my friend.

if you want to wear your hair down.... the only thing that allows me to wear my hair down and straight without the risk of frizz is using sabino moisture block. that stuff is sweat bullet proof like nothing i have ever used in life.

I'm in New Jersey and I feel you! The humidity has been beastly here lately.
I have no suggestions. I have just stopped fighting it and learned to view it as fun.

The Incredible Shrinking hair.

ElleB...I was really thinking for a quick moment you were talking about Humid eyeshadow.

I would rock a Wash and Go.

I say try some braidouts and twistouts as well. Lately I've just been sticking with those and like a previous poster said the humidity actually keeps it looking cute.

I recommend twistouts and spiral sets. They are my "shrunken hairdos" so humidity can't mess with them too much.

Back