Stupid Hair Comments

CurliDiva

Here is mine for the day, maybe for the week:

While talking a friend today, I mentioned that I am now trying to take care of my hair myself (no salons) to improve its health and grow it out naturally.

My friend's STUPID comment:

You’re not turning into a LESBIAN (using a crude term), are you?

My reply-What? Why would you say that? :eek:

Only LESBIANs would want to walk around with nappy hair.

WTF - She had nothing to say when I was walking around with jacked up hair- why is NATURAL so scary to some?:confused:

Only lesbians walk around with nappy hair? That has got to be on the top 10 list of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

That's got to be one of the dumbest things I have heard this year!!!! Some people just have negative issues with natural hair.

You need to tell your friend that that is enough out of her for the rest of the year!!! That's even stupid to last her until this time next year!!:mad:

I've been trying to write something for the last 2 minutes... I can think of nothing except stupid! A word I only use a few times a year but that comment definitely warrants it. :ohwell:

A few people said "Oh I thought you were growing dreds"

WTH????

How does a curly fro equate to dreds?!?!!?!?!?

I guess I have to add another stupid to the list of stupids, some pple need to learn, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. :)

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I guess I have to add another stupid to the list of stupids, some pple need to learn, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. :)

I think the new saying should be... if you don't have anything nice, constructive, or well researched to say shut the @#^! up. Sorry, I'm becoming increasingly intolerant of ignorance in my old age. If you only know one side of the coin don't comment. :mad:

sareca said:
I think the new saying should be... if you don't have anything nice, constructive, or well researched to say shut the @#^! up. Sorry, I'm becoming increasingly intolerant of ignorance in my old age. If you only know one side of the coin don't comment. :mad:

The thing is that when one is ignorant, they DON'T KNOW that they only know one side of the coin.

Sad...

CurliDiva said:

While talking a friend today, I mentioned that I am now trying to take care of my hair myself (no salons) to improve its health and grow it out naturally.

WTF - She had nothing to say when I was walking around with jacked up hair- why is NATURAL so scary to some?:confused:

unfortunately I have heard this before. For some CRAZY reason many people think that. Only a few are even more stupid to go on ahead and say it!

Here's another one ...

A woman at work stated "You used to wear your hair so pretty...(pause)... I guess you must be letting it grow out, huh?". It had grown since she saw me last. She made me mad, so I replied "Yes I am, but you wouldn't know anything about that! ;)

CurliDiva said:

if that is the case we all must be lesbians, cuz I think all of us have had nappy hair at some point in our lives ! :ohwell:

FeelinIt said:
Ignorance is bliss, ain't it?!

I don't look like I'm putting dreadlocks in my hair. I don't have a small fro, if I had wanted to dred my hair up I would have done it by now. Who lets their hair grow to 7 inches and not even start? I'm wearing my texturized style. What's with the BS?

pradalover said:
That's got to be one of the dumbest things I have heard this year!!!! Some people just have negative issues with natural hair.

I agree. She sounds so silly...

Damn Pradalover, give me that hair!!! ver, ver purty.

Last edited:
Lkaysgirl said:
stupidity & ignorance wrapped into one!:(

With some DUMBA$$ sprinkled on top and a side of idiotic jacka$$ !!! :mad:

Its ish like that that make me just wanna slap people when they say somethin stupid. I cannot tolerate when people say dumb stuff. I lost 2 friends because some of the ridiculously ignorant things they would say.

Porsche19 said:
A few people said "Oh I thought you were growing dreds"

WTH????

How does a curly fro equate to dreds?!?!!?!?!?

I have gotten this comment a few times too. Many people are just ignorant to the subject of hair. I was before I found LHCF.
I made the "are you a lesbian?" comment to my cousin when she chopped her hair into a TWA. But I was only 12 years old at that time ;)

Wow, this is the first time I've heard of this one. I know women with real short hair (like a boy cut) get these comments.

Ignorance is a class all by itself.

wow..
This past summer, I was trying to describe a nappturality meeting to a friend of mine I'd known for almost 20 years. Her comment was.."sounds like a bunch of d*mn dykes". I'm still pissed at her for that..:mad:

MeccaMedinah said:
I have gotten this comment a few times too. Many people are just ignorant to the subject of hair. I was before I found LHCF.
I made the "are you a lesbian?" comment to my cousin when she chopped her hair into a TWA. But I was only 12 years old at that time ;)

I did not even know what a lesbian was at 12! :eek:

carletta said:
if that is the case we all must be lesbians, cuz I think all of us have had nappy hair at some point in our lives ! :ohwell:

Well said girlfriend..............people just don't think before they speak.I guess that girl must be a lesbian,being that shes nappy under that perm of herzzzzzzzzz!!!!:lachen:

That comment was just :ohwell:

Since when did the way you do your hair had anything to do with your sexuality???

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: That was so dumb it was funny. I am sorry that happened to you ,but FeelinIt siad it right the first time, "ignorance is bliss, ain't it?!"

Back