Strict Ayuvedic Users

VeiledBeauty

Hello all hair growers,

I wanted to use a strict ayuvedic regimen for the next 6 months to see how my hair grows.. i wanted to know are there any other growers on the forum that strictly use ayuvedic regimen. i read that the powders can be used as shampoo is this correct? if so do i make a paste and massage the paste in my scalp like i would shampoo? if i use the powders to condtion my hair can i put avocados, eggs and coconut milk for added benefit? Lastly i'm looking for pure amla,shikaiki, brahmi and bhringaraj oil.. i found one company called dubar but the first ingredient is mineral oil.. is there another company that has pure oil?

thank you
veiledbeauty

I am mostly an ayurveda girl, I still deep conditioner with non-ayurvedic stuff. Anyways, Shikakai powder and Aritha powder are ayurvedic shampoos, these can be used as a paste or you can buy the shampoo bars. They really should not be used alone because they can really strip the hair, so its best to mix them with other more moisturizing powders, specifically amla. Oiling your hair before using the powders is a must. The Dabur Oils are fine, even with the mineral oil, but you can buy the oils without mineral oil here: http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/product.asp?product_id=ayuroilamla&searchflag=1

You can also buy the powders from that website as well. HTH!

Bayan uses a sesame or almond oil base for their amla & brahmi oils. Also AfroVeda has excellent Ayurvedic products; I just ordered the Carrot & Rice Bran soap bar. You may also look for Kalpi Tone as an all in one cleanser and conditioner. NO extra mixing required. Just add water and go. I've also found a "muddy water" application better than a full pack or a tea rinse. I think its more concentrated than the tea, but less than the full hair pack!:look:

hello ,

if i just add the powders to a conditioner i get from the store will i still get the benefits of the powder?
This is my regi when I use the powders:
First I use alma and shakakai oils on my hair for prepoo for 30 mins and then I mix 2 tsp alma and 1 tsp shakakai powder with lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol and apply to my hair over the oils for 30 mins and I rinse and cowash with vo5 moisture milks or tresemme anti breakage conditioner and apply leave in conditioner and coconut oil to seal and rollerwrap my hair and it is soft and silky with no breakage. so I do feel that you get the benefits of the powders when used with conditioner, and you can use the conditioner of your choice.

I use powders as a rinse instead of a paste (as I have had issues in the past trying to get all the powder residue out of my hair. I literally add boiling water, leave for about half an hour and strain the mixture.
I pour the rinse over my hair and make sure I get it on my ends too and leave it on with a shower cap for anything between half an hour and an hour. I rinse it out, condition, then deep condition.
I usually do an overnight pre-poo with Brahmi Amla or Vatika Oil. I massage the oil in for about 10 minutes and baggy overnight.

Back