Stretching Relaxer while in Braids

Harina

I am kind on the fence between being relaxed and fully natural. i have to seriously contemplate on what route i want to go. I still have a good amount of relaxed ends with my new growth sprouting quickly out of my head (relaxer free since august). I am on the c&g method with braids and twists. i was wondering, techinically if you keep your hair healthy and trimmed, there really is no reason why you couldn't be able to strech the relaxer for nine months to a year, right? Or is breakage and shedding inevitable when dealing with two different textures?

With texturized hair, can u do a modified Crown and Glory w. twists in your own hair, no extensions? My hair hates extensions.

aloha_bef said:
I am kind on the fence between being relaxed and fully natural. i have to seriously contemplate on what route i want to go. I still have a good amount of relaxed ends with my new growth sprouting quickly out of my head (relaxer free since august). I am on the c&g method with braids and twists. i was wondering, techinically if you keep your hair healthy and trimmed, there really is no reason why you couldn't be able to strech the relaxer for nine months to a year, right? Or is breakage and shedding inevitable when dealing with two different textures?

You will get some breakage but you will also retain a lot of length. I'm not sure what you mean about shedding ... it's natural for your hair to shed and in my experience, stretching doesn't=shedding.

You can retain a lot of length depending on how careful you are when combing your hair and how well you keep both textures moisturized. It's been almost 3 years since my last relaxer and I follow a modified version of the C&G method and I still have relaxed ends. I don't add extensions though.

DDtexlaxd said:
With texturized hair, can u do a modified Crown and Glory w. twists in your own hair, no extensions? My hair hates extensions.

Yes, I do this (with braids) with no extensions. I only do this with the hair underneath my crown since I don't add extensions. I would say with twists, make sure to re-do them at least every other week. Otherwise, you hair will start to try to lock and it will be difficult to undo them without experiencing a lot of breakage (I went through this with twists once before I even know about the C&G method).

Back