Stretching Help..SOS!!!

rdm

Ok, this is week six. Ordinarily, I would be going in for a touch up today. Since I have been managing the tangling, my hair is not that matted or tangled.

I have to leave on an important business trip next week, which will be week 7 post relaxer.

I plan to roller set my hair and maybe flat iron the roots. Any other suggestions on how I can make my hair look decent with 7 weeks of ng?

Have you ever tried a braid out/twist out/bantu knots? It's either those, roller setting or bunning for me after week 6.

Bumping for more...

I'm skruggling (yes skruggling) with my new growth. I don't know if it's the horsetail (which is new for me) but I can't make my edges unpoof and I normally stretch for 12 weeks. My goal this time was 16 weeks but that's so not going to happen this time.........

Tips on how to make the roots & edges lie down, please.

delta_gyrl said:
I'm skruggling (yes skruggling) with my new growth. I don't know if it's the horsetail (which is new for me) but I can't make my edges unpoof and I normally stretch for 12 weeks. My goal this time was 16 weeks but that's so not going to happen this time.........

Tips on how to make the roots & edges lie down, please.

I don't know about the roots..but to get my edges to lie down, I put cream on them, and tie them down with a scarf while I brush my teeth/put my makeup on/get dressed. then take the scarf off..it doesn't "straighten" the edges..it just makes them lie flat.

BEYOND THE ZONE STIFF HEAD! This stuff will make your edges look wonderful! I do this, brush lightly and tie down with a scarf. Plus, on your trip, you won't have to worry about something spilling in your suitcase. They are on sale at Sally's! :)
Oh, I have pictures in my fotki.

ETA:
Here it is.
btzrp7.jpg

I am 10 weeks post.

Last edited:
crlsweetie912 said:
BEYOND THE ZONE STIFF HEAD! This stuff will make your edges look wonderful! I do this, brush lightly and tie down with a scarf. Plus, on your trip, you won't have to worry about something spilling in your suitcase. They are on sale at Sally's! :)

ETA:
Here it is.
btzrp7.jpg

I am 10 weeks post.

I love your pony and your waves are gorgeous! you have beautiful hair.

ETA: What color is beyond the zone stiff head? is it in a jar? tube? TIA

InNeedofHairapy said:
I love your pony and your waves are gorgeous! you have beautiful hair.

ETA: What color is beyond the zone stiff head? is it in a jar? tube? TIA
:crying3:
Aww thanks! I sooo don't like my hair these days!

btzstiffheadvifr7.jpg

crlsweetie912 said:
:crying3:
Aww thanks! I sooo don't like my hair these days!

btzstiffheadvifr7.jpg

I know we all go through that little bit of hate with our hair..but yours really is gorgeous..I have a love of ways which is why every time I relax, I end up stretching my relaxers out more and more until I decide to transition again...that's why I'm tentatively in the transition phase now.:lol:

While stretching I normally do a rollerset and then apply some moisturizer on my edges, pin curl at night and tie down with a scarf. In the morning, my edges are flat and I have curls that I can either wear down, in a ponytail or make a curly updo - either way you won't have to deal with manipulating it too much and you can finger comb it without tangles. I apply a little mango butter moisturizer and jojoba oil on the ends before I pin curl and my hair stays soft all week. I'm at week 14 with stretching with no breakage or tangles. My stylist told me that when you have new growth it pushes your cuticles open on your hair shaft so if your end look a little frizzy, that could be why. Rollersets help seal the ends so they remain smooth.

rdm said:
Ok, this is week six. Ordinarily, I would be going in for a touch up today. Since I have been managing the tangling, my hair is not that matted or tangled.

I have to leave on an important business trip next week, which will be week 7 post relaxer.

I plan to roller set my hair and maybe flat iron the roots. Any other suggestions on how I can make my hair look decent with 7 weeks of ng?

I don't know if anyone said Carouso's...when my hair gets into week 7 mark and if I have an important occassion to attend..I pull out the caruso's:)

I stretch for at least 13 weeks and I do what Dance4days does and what Tsmith does bringing her Caruso along. I have multiple satin scarves with me--one for the plane trip since the air in the plane is very drying to hair--and the others to keep in my purse. These scarves are a staple for keeping my hair lying as flat as possible.

At first it was hard for me to stretch more than 6-7 weeks then my got used to it. I would recommend the IC fantasia 1 min reconstructor,it makes my roots so soft. Then I rollerset my hair with the red and green magnetic rollers, but I comb out my roots gently with a small tooth comb. I believe that helps untangle my roots and helps to stretch and smooth my new growth. After it is dried, take my flat iron and do the front and side of my hair.
Hope you find something that works.

I have 4b hair.

crlsweetie912 said:

ETA:
Here it is.
btzrp7.jpg

I am 10 weeks post.

your hair is gorgeous girl! :eek: :)

Back