*Stretchers/Transitioners* Are you putting anything on your NG?

Soul♥Flower

and using it like grease? I was wondering because I've never really put anything on my NG, but I just recently got a bob hair cut and a ponytail is no longer an option. Is there something I can slather on them roots to make lay down and behave?:wallbash:

Oh, I'm not looking for them to be straight, just less pufftastic.:afropick:

:help2:

Yeah extra conditioner and extra Butters when I moisturize. The thing with NG you have to detrangle it too so it won't be so hard to work with. HTH

When my hair is wet/damp, I tie it down with a satin scarf and that helps lie the roots down.

What about the crown area and the back of the head? Whenever, I used the scarf trick, I couldn't get it to work on a spot in the middle of my head.

What about the crown area and the back of the head? Whenever, I used the scarf trick, I couldn't get it to work on a spot in the middle of my head.

Oh, yeah... you're right. I wear buns most days so the middle is camoflouged that way. Sorry.

Yeah extra conditioner and extra Butters when I moisturize. The thing with NG you have to detrangle it too so it won't be so hard to work with. HTH

Maybe I could use some shea butter on my hair/scalp? I rollerset my hair, and, thankfully,that allows me to comb through my NG with ease....but it does nothing for the height. Maybe I'll go through my roots with the shea butter while my hair is still wet and then rollerset. That's an idea.

Any other suggestions?

Maybe I could use some shea butter on my hair/scalp? I rollerset my hair, and, thankfully,that allows me to comb through my NG with ease....but it does nothing for the height. Maybe I'll go through my roots with the shea butter while my hair is still wet and then rollerset. That's an idea.

Any other suggestions?
Yea you should try that. Also you can try a hot oil treatment. Put the hot oil on your scalp and massage it on you scalp and ng and then apply the conditioner for a deep con. See it that will help HTH

I just bought some Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anit-Humidity Smoothing milk a little while ago.
I'll try it and post results for those who may be in a similar situation:yep:

After I shampoo or conditioner wash my hair, I part each section of my hair (as if I were 'greasing' my scalp), and apply a moisturizer to all of it (making sure I get all of my hair - so I part it small). This has been working out very well for me. I don't always feel like doing it because it does take a good amount of time, but I want to make sure all of my hair is well moisturized.

I can't always part my hair to reach my new growth because it's so thick and I end up breaking off too much hair. Last weekend, I pour amla oil over my hair, letting it soak into the roots then put a shower cap on. I left the oil on overnight and when I rinsed and conditioned the next day, my roots were unbelieveably soft and manageable. I could not believe it, even my wash and go didn't curl up the way it usually does because my hair was so soft.

So, I would suggest that you try an overnight oil prepoo. I suspect that any type of oil would work if you don't have amla. I plan on doing this every week b/c my ng is really hard to get through otherwise.

Back