Stretchers, a question?

crlsweetie912

When you stretch your relaxers, are you doing it for the same amount of time between each relaxer? Ex. If you stretch for 14 weeks, do you wait 14 weeks between each and every application? Or, do you time your applications around certain events, or do you just make sure that you go a minimum amount of time and go as far as your hair allows? Thanks!

I am about 8 weeks post, my birthday is next week and I want to go out and do something for myself. But, it's humid as heck in Baltimore, and my hair is not reacting the same way as it did when I did my previous stretch. It won't hold any style, looks dull, even after clarifying and dc. I know that the relaxer won't cure the problems, but the straightness will help with styling options. Any suggestions on styles during this time?

TIA!

I normally stretch my relaxer from 14 to 16 weeks. But if I wanted to relax it sooner, it would not be before 12 weeks.

When I run into things like this, I'd just go to a domincan salon to blow my new growth out. That way, I could like I got a relaxer and even curl the ends for a curly look.

HTH!:)

luvlonghair said:
I normally stretch my relaxer from 14 to 16 weeks. But if I wanted to relax it sooner, it would not be before 12 weeks.

When I run into things like this, I'd just go to a domincan salon to blow my new growth out. That way, I could like I got a relaxer and even curl the ends for a curly look.

Yeah, but won't the humidity kill a blow out?

I'm on a long stretch now, but I'm not planning to always do that. In the future I'm planning to stretch longer in the summer (when I can get away with wet buns). I think basing your stretches on the season are a great way of working with your hair instead of against.

I'm kind of anal, so I do all my relaxers at exactly 13 weeks post. All other chenicals happen on Tuesdays too.

Why not choose a braid or twist style if you'd like to stretch longer. If u want 2 relax, it's yr choice.

I haven't mastered the braid or twistout yet. My hair is barely shoulder length and it looks like a puffy, bushy mess. Like something a rat would call home.

crlsweetie912 said:
I haven't mastered the braid or twistout yet. My hair is barely shoulder length and it looks like a puffy, bushy mess. Like something a rat would call home.

:wave:

No it doesn't. That bun was looking sleek back there!

luvlonghair said:

I do the exact same thing, minus the dom. salon and blow out. ;)

Back