Straw set

TripleP

Has anyone gotten this done? If so did you use regular curlers (flexirod) or regular drinking straws. I would like to do this style but am not to sure which would be best. Also if anyone lives in Brooklyn can you tell me of a salon that does this. Thanks

I've had my hair strawset before with the flexirods. I didn't dislike it per say, I just knew I would have liked it better if the straws were used esp. since they would have been thinner. Also, I have a lot of hair and the stylist that I went to didn't want to 'overexert' herself by taking the addt'l time by using the straws. Her first comment to me when i walked in was...
"...u got a lot of hair, this is going to take forever to dry..."
that should have been my signal to say...
'ummm, i think i hear my car alarm, i'll b right back' and hitailed my beige behind outta there
driver.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I do my own on straws, but I am considering buying really small flexirods, so I can save time. Just wrap my hair around the rod and twist, rather than wrap my hair around the straw and then pin it down on the straw. I have kinda long hair and it really takes a long time to wind them down on the straw and drying is eternity. It really is time consuming. I suggest you get them done on small flexis.
smile.gif

Also, with straws, you can't get a good grip of wrapping your newgrowth around the straw because a plain straw simply isn't strong or sturdy as a rod, so bear that in mind too. I've had them professionally done on flexis and liked them better that way. I've only done the straw ones myself.
laugh.gif

Back