Straightening Makes my Hair STRONGER?!?!?!

luvn_life

Hello Ladies,

It's been a while since I have posted anything... Mainly because I have cultivated a regimen that my hair LOVES. I was barely ever straightening my hair. Maybe 1x per 2 months or something like that. But, recently I tried a blowout method with a round brush and blow dryer and... I LOVE IT!!! When I did it I couldn't believe it. My hair was so strong and I had absolutely no hair coming out. It was so weird.

So I wanted to know... can you possibly have stronger hair after straightening?? If not what can be making my hair feel like this?? Is there a way that I can do this at least every two weeks?? I have done it 3 times in the last 3 weeks:nono:... I know I should be ashamed. But, I am just so excited because I love my hair when it is straightened this way. I dont even mess with a flat iron anymore.

Help please!!

I don't think straightening makes hair stronger. I think it makes it straighter and smoother :look: so that a comb glides through it easily and doesn't get caught on any kinks that could then cause it to break.

Hello Ladies,

It's been a while since I have posted anything... Mainly because I have cultivated a regimen that my hair LOVES. I was barely ever straightening my hair. Maybe 1x per 2 months or something like that. But, recently I tried a blowout method with a round brush and blow dryer and... I LOVE IT!!! When I did it I couldn't believe it. My hair was so strong and I had absolutely no hair coming out. It was so weird.

So I wanted to know... can you possibly have stronger hair after straightening?? If not what can be making my hair feel like this?? Is there a way that I can do this at least every two weeks?? I have done it 3 times in the last 3 weeks:nono:... I know I should be ashamed. But, I am just so excited because I love my hair when it is straightened this way. I dont even mess with a flat iron anymore.

Help please!!

All of the tender love and care has made it like that straight. You're doing a good job, so don't straighten more than you usually do. Your hair is loving what you're doing and it's paying you back by looking GREAT! Keep up your regimen!

I think that it maybe that you went so long without straightening giving your hair time to strengthen... I love the body and bounce a proper blow out gives my hair too when it's long... just don't do an overload on the heat... I think once a month with a really good heat protectant would be ok though... keep swanging gurl!!

Yeah you're hair is stronger because you've been taking care of it, but there is no tangling, etc so you're good to go and there is no unnecessary daily stress on the hair...

Oh and by the way please do not feel ashamed for something that is working for you!!

I just had to say that.:look:

When I got my first dominican blowout I felt the exact same way. My hair had never looked or felt that good. It was great. I'm not sure why, but it could have been the deep conditioner they put on it coupled with better haircare, like other posters have said.

But, I know that other LHCFers have commented that once they started doing blowouts regularly, the effects soon manifested themselves in a bad way. So, there's definitely no shame in it, but it's eventually caused problems for some people.

Thank you ladies for helping me. I'm only going to do it one more time for New Years' and then back to my normal reggie.

Gratzi Ladies:)

Back